Has anybody ever ordered fish from Live Aquaria (Drs. Foster & Smith)? If so maybe a testmonial? i'm thinking of ordering some african cichlids from them. thanks
They are generally considered the best online retailer of fish in the US.
They have a very good DOA policy for fish, and have good customer service by all accounts.
I've only bought dry goods from them (and dog supplies), but just about everyone has good experience with them. Many marine people swear by their WYSIWYG Diver's Den section.
They are not my favorites. I've done much better from the sellers on AquaBid. One of the advantages there is that you can actually send them emails and ask questions about the fish you're thinking about buying. Many of them are breeders and can give you very detailed info about age, size, etc.
While I would buy supplies and equipment from Drs Foster & Smith, I would never buy fish from them again.
Here's a link to a thread I made about my one experience with them: