Gettin back into it all after 4 yrs off
Reaction score
need to know what kind of lighting i have in my tank

low - medium - high - very high

i have in my tank

1 triton 38w white light

and

1 arcadia origanol tropical 38w white light

dont ask me anythin else about them lol... i have no idea whaty im talkin about, these were recomended to me.

i have got arcadia reflectors.. but they arnt in atm... dont realy think they make a difference but.. meh :/

so if someone could give me a hand here id realy love you :wub:

I take it your talking about your 40gal??
Well that means you have almost 2wpg that medium light but

the arcadia feshwater light at 7500K is a very bright light with a large spike in the green (550nm) great for showing fish colours, not so great for plant.. but will do. the triton is great..

what kind of plant are you looking in keeping?? most plant will grow with you current light setup, if you dont brown algae currently overunning your tank, your setup in right, just just but great.

ill give you a list of what i want lmao

angusti
lily indica
undulata
tenellus
petchii

i realy love the look of these plants, and im thinkin of purchesing some.. i love 'over' planted tanks, but the only plants that seem to be growin my tank are, valis sp, amozons, and 3 unidentified oh an dont forget the java fern lol

i have co2 in there, and i add a liquid fertilizer cause i cant get tablet form

yeah you were right its for my 40gal lmao

what about if i did 2x tritons.. would that give me any more light?

two full spectrum light would be fine..

if you really want a overplanted tank, you might need to look into added a third light, time and more time

I would keep the arcadia.. just add one more tritons / or anything

But if you have success with valis sp, amozons, 3 unidentified plants and java Fern, why dont you just create a heavly planted tank with those?

thats all I do, get all the plant I can get my hand on plant them and see what do well.

here is a pic mine. and I dont think its over planted?

I have a both liquid fertilizer and tablets, DIY CO2, 4wpg full spectrum Nixon Light (3x sun bright 2x colour bright) Eiheim Professional external filter,

post-22-1091901771.jpg

to much spectrum? to heigh of a spectrum?

18000k only means that it looks like a black media heated to 18000k, but the light could have all the right colours added to grow plants,

a tube at 4200K could have all the reds and the blues needed aswell but looks yellow as its lacking green..

also there is a big, hudge diffrence between blue and pink/purple

over all more red light create longer leaves, more blues growths more bushy, more green makes the tank brighter, but dont add a blue light to get the plant to grow bushy, the right blue light will appear pink if there is any red and green added (like the 18000K)

I use to mix biolux lights (very pink 7000k) aqua grow lights (yellow 4200k) to get white look to the tank..

but I am still to see and better growth from the later..

IME some plants like most swords grow very well under normal cool white (4000K), plants like anubias barteri does great in warm white (2700K)

Full spectrum lamps, 5500K - 6500K are best for general planted tanks. 18,000K would be fine over a marine tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back