Lighting Issues

Axleuk

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bridgend, South Wales
Ok, i have some floating plants that i just had to replace as the last ones only lasted two weeks. all my other plants are sprouting like theres no tomorrow as i feed plant food once a week.

I was informed that it might be due to poor light, not enough Co2 or not enough fertiliser.

I think it might be a lighting issue as i normall only put the one light on as i think it makes my tank look nicer. However it is on for over 12 hours.

I have now put all the lights on but i think the floating plants, which take up about half of my surface, are causing the light to dissipate so i was wondering if there is any solution to this ? Stronger lights, internal tank light perhaps?

I'm open to suggestions.
 
a serious post from you ?? * falls on floor*

what WPG are the lights? and what plants is it you have? and what food are you feeding them on?
shelagh xxx
 
a serious post from you ?? * falls on floor*

what WPG are the lights? and what plants is it you have? and what food are you feeding them on?
shelagh xxx

I dont know the WPG as the lights are the ones that came with the tank (Aqua-65). I feed the plants FLORA Boost from Interpet.

These are the plants, i have no idea what they are called.

plants.jpg



Take out the floaters you plonker :D

The Gourami's needs them as their hang out space and love nest.
 
take it out axle or keep a very very close eye on it, i have some and its a pain in the ass, i have to keep taking handfulls out.. so this week its going in the compost bin!! it blocks the light and thickly( is that a word?) covers the surface.... yuk... tho a fellow memeber told me it was fairy moss, if i had know then it was duckweed i wouldnt have touched it !

shelagh xxxx
 
The floating plant in the picture is Salvinia natans, not duckweed (Lemna minor).

I`m a bit confused as to what your actual problem is. Are your floating plants dying, or are your plants in the substrate not getting enough light?

Dave.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top