Lighting And Moisture

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ant_Soton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wandering what lighting you all use as thats the next thing i'll be setting up in my tanks. I had a tank before with a built in light and the tube went every 2-3 months because the fitting always filled up with condensation.
Any advice would be most welcome ( bearing in mind i have a very limited budget)
Thanks peeps !!

Most newer light fittings have very good tight connections with a number of seals to stop water getting into the fittings.

Most newer light fittings have very good tight connections with a number of seals to stop water getting into the fittings.

Thanks, where would i be able to get something reasonable then? Sorry for all the questions !

Condensation tray would probably help.

Yeah, a decent condensation tray/glass slider will help no end. Most LFS will sell the starter kit... priced around £30.00

Something like this mate... But obviously the correct one for the size of tank you have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcadia-Aquarium-Light-Controller-Starter-Unit-14-15w-/330511419507?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4cf4040873

Yeah, a decent condensation tray/glass slider will help no end. Most LFS will sell the starter kit... priced around £30.00

Something like this mate... But obviously the correct one for the size of tank you have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcadia-Aquarium-Light-Controller-Starter-Unit-14-15w-/330511419507?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4cf4040873

Ok, thanks will have a look next time i'm at my LFS

Managed to get the Arcadia ultraseal T5 controller for £20 from my LFS. The lid is being made and should be ready early next week and the lighting fitted by next weekend !! :good: :good:

Sounds likeyou have made great progress!! Look forward to seeing it all in action! :D Great price too.

Sounds likeyou have made great progress!! Look forward to seeing it all in action! :D Great price too.

Not as much progress as i'd like as I'm working to a budget but also trying to do it properly. I was happy with the price of the controller but the tubes cost more than the controller did. Pity i can't use one in each tank as its a twin unit (small tank is too short !!!) Am thinking of putting a perspex panel in the new lid when i make it and using a lighting unit for a nano aquarium

You can source the tubes online for a fair amount cheaper. Also if it's a twin unit it will be producing alot of light for your sized tank?!

You can source the tubes online for a fair amount cheaper. Also if it's a twin unit it will be producing alot of light for your sized tank?!

Will just have to see how things go but i'm sure i'll sort something that works well for both tanks lighting wise !!

How essential are condensation trays? they're a bit of a pain really as you'd have to take the lid off to get them out when you need to clean tank? I'm using acardia ultraseal units and tubes.

This is the Arcadia unit i'm using at the moment with one tube in each tank

Attachments

• 299859_10150396219574274_616209273_10082348_1592222486_n (1).jpg
    299859_10150396219574274_616209273_10082348_1592222486_n (1).jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 16

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back