Lfs

PlatinumAngel

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ontario Canada
Well was in the lfs today, picked up a couple of new coreys, and see what kind of chiclids they had for later, and was talking to the fish guy we usually deal with. Told him about our new tank and our fishless cycling and he asked why. I basically said I didn't want to hurt the fish or deal with daily water changes like the last time with our 75 gallon. He said he'd never done it, but was interested and asked me to keep him posted on my progress and to see how it worked out. Asked for a water sample in a week, just for his own interest I think. Maybe this will encourage him to advise others to do the same.

lol he also mentioned that people (he said in Europe.. HIS words not mine) have been known to urinate in the tank. I said I'd rather spend $1.50 on a big bottle than do that. lol
 
Well was in the lfs today, picked up a couple of new coreys, and see what kind of chiclids they had for later, and was talking to the fish guy we usually deal with. Told him about our new tank and our fishless cycling and he asked why. I basically said I didn't want to hurt the fish or deal with daily water changes like the last time with our 75 gallon. He said he'd never done it, but was interested and asked me to keep him posted on my progress and to see how it worked out. Asked for a water sample in a week, just for his own interest I think. Maybe this will encourage him to advise others to do the same.

lol he also mentioned that people (he said in Europe.. HIS words not mine) have been known to urinate in the tank. I said I'd rather spend $1.50 on a big bottle than do that. lol


people have urinated tanks before to cycle tanks, but it is not a good thing to do as urine is full of things as in blood, protein, leucocytes not good for an aquarium :sick:
 
Nelly :lol: umm no!


Yeah, and I'd assume any medications may be filtered down, but still may make their way into the tank.

I was just happy to hear he was willing to learn something new and learn from my experience.
 
This is nothing new as it was once thought the urine from pregnant women enhanced water conditions for breeding certain difficult fish.
Maybe an old wives tale but still the tale was banded about the aquatic world back then.
Regards
BigC
 

Most reactions

Back
Top