Leicestershire Anyone?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LE11 loughborough! I always wanted to find a fish club.
The Maidenhead Aquatics at woodlands in stapleton is one of the best guys. They have some fantastic fish, don't hassle you to buy and really know their stuff, being happy to spend loads of time helping and giving advice. Steer clear of Birstall aquatics unless the girl is there(Vera)the boys are not very knowledgeable and tried to convince me that a parrot cichlid would be fine in a 60L tank!!!

I use rocks from the river so i cant imagine wood being any different. Theres a few woods around Bradgate aswell. Switherland and martinshaw woods may be a bit less conspicuous when your on the prowl.

I went that deep blue years ago when it was just marine aswell. It seemed alright at the time. Ive mostly used A5 over the years though as i used to be into koi. Might nip there and maidenheads today.

Yeah I thought about Swithland Woods. Just need to make sure the wood is dead before I grab it so would have been easier to grab it from a river but beggers can't be choosers. Gunna try and give it a go tomorrow I reckon.

Yeah I thought about Swithland Woods. Just need to make sure the wood is dead before I grab it so would have been easier to grab it from a river but beggers can't be choosers. Gunna try and give it a go tomorrow I reckon.

:lol: get some pics up of the wood you theif! Be good to see what you find and how it looks in a tank ;)

LE9 - Broughton Astley (yet to get a tank running again though - I do have 2 brackish swamps and 1 evaporated oasis though)

roughly translated.....2 dead marine tanks that sit in the garage with sand and water in (and some old live rock)....1 empty tank in the shed.....going back to FW as it'll be easier to manage with a little one in tow...plus she loves the fish shop! Extra daddy bonus points for something I love doing :nod:

Empty tank will be the option, now to tidy the garage to make space for the junk...errrm...furniture I need to move out of the way to get the tank back in.

roughly translated.....2 dead marine tanks that sit in the garage with sand and water in (and some old live rock)....1 empty tank in the shed.....going back to FW as it'll be easier to manage with a little one in tow...plus she loves the fish shop! Extra daddy bonus points for something I love doing :nod:

Empty tank will be the option, now to tidy the garage to make space for the junk...errrm...furniture I need to move out of the way to get the tank back in.
:lol: i get it now..... :grr:

any ideas on what freshies you want to stock it with yet?

No idea yet....still very very early on....Not even sure if the stand on the tank in the shed is still fit for purpose as it's been out there 2 years and it's currently buried. I cant imagine it'll be anything too taxing or too expensive as it's all come out of the love that my little girl has for seeing fish in the shop. If I get carried away (and it has been known)....the other half will have a field day with me! Slow and steady is the game this time...probably be a few months before the tank even makes it back in the house to be honest.

how many is that now.....?

what lfs do people on this topic use?

might be an idea to do a good and bad list of lfs in our area or further if people travel for there fish :unsure:

might be an idea to do a good and bad list of lfs in our area or further if people travel for there fish :unsure:

Would like this idea. Keen on hearing peoples views on Leicester LFS' as I bought my setup from pets at home but would much prefer a quality and friendly LFS to use from now on!

Would like this idea. Keen on hearing peoples views on Leicester LFS' as I bought my setup from pets at home but would much prefer a quality and friendly LFS to use from now on!

Ive pretty much always used A5 aquatics. Ive been going there for years with no probs. Clearwater aquatics is good for marine. I was in there today funnily enough.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back