Lego In The Tank?

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
When I was younger I'd always talk about making a lego castle for the fish tank and it being ''so cool'' .. lol

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it before.. The sharp corners would be the only thing I would worry about..

Anyone thought about it or try it themselves?

Just curious :p

Perfectly safe.... the corners are'nt THAT sharp - theres far worse on rocks, especially slate !

In two minds as to what it would look like, but HAS to be better than the dayglo crap you see in the petshops ! :shout:

I'm not a fan of tank ornaments myself, IMO it takes away from the natural beauty. I much prefer rockwork, wood and plants. But everyone has their own opinions and if you want to do it go for it :)

I did it before when I was younger. It's not that easy to make, trust me. First of all, you have to build it in the tank that its going to be situated in. If you build it elsewhere, whenever you take it out of the water and put it back in, it will float due to the air pockets that Lego's have. So yea, I built mine in the tank it was going to be in, and still floated a bit because of it being made out of plastic, so just weigh it down with some gravel and it'll be fine. Looks great if you're showing a tank for kids, but I guess its a little childish if you know what I mean :p

Isaac

Sorry..there won't be any from me. I built it a while ago, and now I'm going with more natural stuff such as rocks, wood, and plants.

I'm not really down with the natural look.. most of my tanks have all sorts of weird things in them..

I'll take some pics tomorrow of some of the more odd stuff in my tanks.. I've got a large frankenstein candy dish that my rainbow cichlids spawn in.. I also have a pink elephant that is supposed to be for hamsters... parrot cichlids love hiding in it..

Anything that doubles as a cave I will put in my tank...

I doubt I will do the lego thing though, have no idea where any of it is.

Interesting idea. I love lego.
On Friday night, me and a mate were in the pub arguing over who had the most lego when they were a kid and who was the best at it :D

Interesting idea. I love lego.
On Friday night, me and a mate were in the pub arguing over who had the most lego when they were a kid and who was the best at it :D

Hummm..

It would be a nice idea, i love lego too..

I was the best!! :good:

That is a cool idea that I never would have thought of. i'm actually thinking about going into my garage and getting out our old legos and putting something together...:D :fun: I"m gonna have to rinse them off first... :nod:

Hmm.... We possibly have two large buckets of assorted Lego and Duplo... Damn hours of boredom... But I bet I'll be the first to make one :shifty:

Nope, I was first. made mine about an hour and a half ago...:D Mine is pretty simple. Nothing extravigant. I built it while my daughter was trying to tear it apart. :/ But I like it. I put the ghost on it cuz it glows in the dark, and I thought it would be cute. And the aligator is just cuz... :D

Legohouse1.jpg

Legohouse2.jpg

I think he was more upset about me trying to get the dang thing from floating away. I couldn't build it in my tank because I didn't have any place to put my fish while I built it...and I had to keep my daughter occupied at the same time...if I was in the fish tank she would have been off terrorizing the house. So that's why there is floaty stuff in the water. I had to grab chunks of gravel to hold the house down, and it stirred up the loose food and pooies.... :sick:

im 100% sure its safe. i remember chewing on them when i was little. im not dead and my teeth are perfectly fine, so your fish should be fine too. i also though of making ornaments out of legos, but getting air out of every piece would be a killer :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back