Lego In The Tank?

Nope, I was first. made mine about an hour and a half ago...
Bah, curses... I went up and made a quick one straight after I posted... I only had time to grab a few bits so I'll make a better one in my hours of boredom later.

Nope, I was first. made mine about an hour and a half ago...:D Mine is pretty simple. Nothing extravigant. I built it while my daughter was trying to tear it apart. :/ But I like it. I put the ghost on it cuz it glows in the dark, and I thought it would be cute. And the aligator is just cuz... :D

Legohouse1.jpg

Legohouse2.jpg

Matching blue lego gravel too!

Neat :good:

That is absolutely killer! I love it. How did I know think of this when I had my little tank set up at college... I took all my lego with me. You are pure genious. Genious I say! If I ever set my 5 up again and try a betta I am totally building a lego house... Hmmm. The tank is just sitting back there... and I have the perfect spot on my desk for it...

have you seen any fish swimming in it?

I honestly think my fish are a little scared of it....they swim behind it, but I haven't seen either one in it. -_-

well, i think they arent going into it because theres no way out. you should open up a hole in the back because im pretty sure fish dont like being cornered.

I had sort of a castle that my betta swam in. All four sides were open, and it looked sort of like those Roman things, I forgot the name. It's on the nickel :lol: Yea, I don't think they'll swim in anything that they can't get out and will be cornered. So open up the other side and I'm pretty sure they'll swim through it without being scared.

Isaac

OMG! That ranks as one of the silliest things I've ever seen! :lol: :lol:

Pretty inventive! My only concern would be if the legos were ever cleaned with a detergent or a wipe of some kind, but I guess give it a quick rinse and you should be fine. I don't think, however, that I'll be changing my tank decor anytime soon.

:lol:

Yeah those legos were my brother's and mine since we were kids. I know my mom never cleaned them with anything, and neither did we. I just gave them a good rinsing before putting them in the tank.

Here's a thought...I was wondering if lego's would create a"dead zone" that would produce harmful bacteria or even a mold in the tank from lack of moving water in these peices.. I would also be careful as i have had decorations that did not have enough ventalation in them..They grew this nasty slime inside and threw my parameters all out of whack. So if you do decide to go this route i would make sure that this castle dependant on how big has adequite circulation. If anyone here does do this lego thing let me know how it turns out after a couple months, and if any mold or slime grows inside the actual blocks that are blocked from filtration...Does this make since to anyone else?

Makes since. I have only had the legos in for a little bit. I'll let you know in a few months if it is nasty or not. It is sitting right underneath my filter though. so I have the water from the filter pouring down on it, and the suction thing from the filter is right above it. But I didn't even think about stuff getting inside it. I tried to put it together as tight as I could so there wasn't very much spaces...but I can imagine stuff can still get in.

I'll let you guys know! :good:

Would the metal rust on them though and would the magnetism run out after a while. I don't know but just giving you some downers before you decide to use it.

Neal :good:

ahaha that lego house is so funny looking..

Like most ornaments, it would need cleaned every month probably.. I have to clean mine once a month because of all the nasties they get on them...

Now I really want to find my lego and make a gigantic lego village

Most reactions

Back