Leaking Tank Nightmare!

Rediahs

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
727
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Okay so some people know that I moved my betta out of my 29 gallon and put him in his own 5 gallon tank.

The 5 gallon tank was in my room on a desk. I'm renting, so the desk isn't mine, it came with the room.

Yesterday I noticed that the corner of the desk was peeling a little. So I lifted up the tank (it's only 5 gallons, not too bad) and put some plastic wrap under it. I figured it was condensation or something.

Today, I'm getting ready for work and I notice that the plastic wrap is dripping water onto the floor. Not good... so I check it out, I dry it off, pull it up, and MORE water comes down... then I notice the water damage on the desk is worse. So I move the tank and ALL UNDER THE TANK is puffy and water damaged. That's when I figure out the tank is leaking. Back into the 29 Mr Betta goes... and I empty out the tank and look for the leak, it's all along the back seam of the tank.

I guess I can bring it back to the store? Oh I just am so thankful that it isn't my 29 gallon that was leaking, that would be not just a nightmare, that would be.... AN EPIC NIGHTMARE, I don't know, that would just be horrible.

The desk is pretty well ruined. I don't know what to do. It's not my desk. I guess I'll have to replace it... but I can't really afford that, plus I don't know where to buy the replacement. I'm going to be honest to the landlords (they are okay with fish, so it's not like I did anything wrong) and tell them my fish tank leaked and damaged it... I also don't have a car so I have no way of getting a desk home... I guess they could buy it when they come down and I can give them the money for it...

ARgghhwlejrelwjrewljarlewamrlewa :o -_- :unsure: :( :angry: :blink: :crazy:
 
what type of tank as my old one used to drip condo down the back and under causing big puddles,

It's just a glass-box type tank, nothing special... I don't know the brand, there's a sticker that says "Made by SE April 2009", I just bought it from my LFS for $13 (Canadian, almost the same as american anyway)

It's actually 5.5 gallons. It doesn't seem to even hold 5 gallons of water full though, maybe 4, cause when I emptied it, it didn't fill up my bucket.
 
something along these lines?
1000460_PFES06_A_400.jpg

there good for leaking from hood with condo...
or have you discovered the leak
 
something along these lines?
1000460_PFES06_A_400.jpg

there good for leaking from hood with condo...
or have you discovered the leak

No like I said just a glass box, didn't come with anything else, just a carboard wrapper.

Like I said twice now I already discovered the leak, it's all along the back seam of the tank. Sorry I don't mean to be short with you, I'm just a lil irritated right now so don't mind me too much.

I don't think they sell that sort of thing here. You usually either buy a glass box, then buy a hood, then buy everything else, or you buy something that's a kit where somebody put everything together for you... but they don't sell tanks like that here I don't think.

I also found hte desk on ikea's website, it is $79.. so if they want me to replace it, that's not too bad I guess.... though I still have no way of getting it here if that's what they want.

We will see, I guess.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top