Leafs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jredouard25

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I bought some Indian almond leaves. It had holes and rips everywhere. I decided to boil the leaf and place it in my tank. 3 weeks later I see that the leaf has no holes on it, the rips are smaller , and looks to be repairing itself. Can a Indian almond leaf really repair itself? Is it gonna grow? Is it removing nitrates and stuff? How is it repairing itself? (2 leafs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4f03a3cd30eb05e90870ccf8b7dbc2a7.jpg

So I bought some Indian almond leaves. It had holes and rips everywhere. I decided to boil the leaf and place it in my tank. 3 weeks later I see that the leaf has no holes on it, the rips are smaller , and looks to be repairing itself. Can a Indian almond leaf really repair itself? Is it gonna grow? Is it removing nitrates and stuff? How is it repairing itself? (2 leafs)

4f03a3cd30eb05e90870ccf8b7dbc2a7.jpg

It wouldn’t lemme take anymore pictures irdk why...

No and No.

No, Indian almond leaf adds tannin's
Please read this.
https://www.indianalmondleaves.com/aquariums.php

Hate to say it but by boiling it you got rid of the best bit of the leaf, I bet you threw all that beautiful extract away.

The whole point why I boiled it. And I obvs know it had tannins. And Yes it is regrowing I have obvs proof.

Yes it is regrowing I have obvs proof.
LOL. I have been using Indian almond leaf for years never had a dead leaf come to life.

The whole point why I boiled it. And I obvs know it had tannins
Whats the point of putting Indian almond leaf in the tank if you boil all the good stuff out of it?

LOL. I have been using Indian almond leaf for years never had a dead leaf come to life.

Whats the point of putting Indian almond leaf in the tank if you boil all the good stuff out of it?

I put it for decor and hiding. I had my leaf in there for months. Have u ever put a leaf in your tank for months/weeks?

Once I put the leaf in I never take it out,

It could be algae closing up the hole, but there is no way that leaf is alive.

I get my leaves in bunches of 50 and that lasts about 6 months, I also make my own blackwater I got sick of paying $70 for 2 liters, I would have happily taken the water you threw away after you boiled the leaves.

https://www.thetechden.com.au/Continuum_Aquatics_2l_Flora_Viv_Blackwater_p/qfvb2l.htm

Me making blackwater.
fnteseu.jpg

The water was really really dark . couldn’t even see my hand through the glass when I boiled them.

The water was really really dark . couldn’t even see my hand through the glass when I boiled them.
OMG,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back