Lazy? Or A Useful Tool?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

"no-one wants to spend hours doing water tests and recording the results...." says it all for me, unfortunately.
Proof again that we live in a consumer world!!! A good find, willowstwin, but not for me.

Terry.

This has been out for a while now, I was going to get one for Christmas...

But someone on this forum bought one and it had a poor run, so I decided not too.

I would love one that works though!

the idea is a good one but I'd be worried about on going charges to access your results. I'm a typical Yorshire lass - nobody gives you owt for nowt in this world

one that works would be handy for me. I was ill over christmas and couldn't get out of bed with flu... trying to explain to anyone else how to do the tests was a nightmare and seemed pretty impossible, and the 2 times I tried to do it myself on the bed, I coughed or sneezed and spilled the stuff everywhere. I ended up getting my brother in law to empty a couple of buckets out and fill the tank back up under my watchful eye (he was very gentle with the pouring back in bless him).

Also, if it does connect to something I could access from anywhere, then if I go on holiday, I could be allerted to, say, a sudden increase in ammonia, which would possibly account for a dead fish, and I could ring someone to go and check and deal with it.

do we have any budding gadgeteer inventor fish people that could invent such a thing? One could be made so the software speaks to the new fish keepers, like:

"Ammonia: 0.25ppm - Do a large water change now. YOU ARE KILLING YOUR FISH"

or something like that... and maybe a link to some easy to understand fish biology showing them exactly what they're doing to their fish.

Take a look at this

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/378527-my-seneye-review/page__p__3168945__hl__seneye__fromsearch__1#entry3168945

as I understand it you only need to pay extra for the more advanced features and for the ability to get the results emailed / sms'd to you. I nearly got one but decided it was better to save the monies for something else.
Ben

This has been out for a while now, I was going to get one for Christmas...

But someone on this forum bought one and it had a poor run, so I decided not too.

I would love one that works though!
My poor run turned into a success. Turned out my tank has a low pH and the Seneye's lower limit is 6.4. They told me they are working on a new slide that will read a greater range of readings. Apparently the Seneye is very sensitive to any biofilm that forms on the sensor. When my Seneye reads 6.4 I clean the sensor windows with a wet cotton swab and the pH reads in the 6.9 range. Also, Seneye sent me 3 free slides for my trouble. They have great customer service.

as I understand it you only need to pay extra for the more advanced features and for the ability to get the results emailed / sms'd to you. I nearly got one but decided it was better to save the monies for something else.
Ben
The slides last for 30 days and it costs $30 for 3 new ones in the U.S.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back