Lazeiness Pays Off Sometimes

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
Out of lazyness i didn't do anything with the desk tank the white cloud minows were in, I purely removed their bubble filter and heater and them and then left it complete with a dozen ramshorn snails on my desk and now aboutt a week lator i carn't rember ther are 2 tiny clear fish with eyes on in there i popped in a little fry food. and will pop a filter (bubble) in tommorrow



About a third of the water has evaporated and green hair algea is beginning to take over
 
Congrats on the babies!
That's so cool, and evidently - and luckily - there were enough organisms to feed them for those first few days.

It seems to be the season - I've had some new 'Meteor Minnows' and some Black Phantoms in a bare-bottom Q tank for a while now, and in the past week I've seen first the Long-Fin WCMM breed, (1st time I've seen the actual act with these - they wrap!) the Phantoms a couple of days later, (last night, actually) and, at the same time, noticed the regular WCM in a adjoining tank frantically eating eggs while the male pestered one of the females, interfering with the egg gobbling (sigh) all these fish engage in.
Before that, I'd noticed a fish in another tank hunting down tiny white specks - just had time to see they were fry as they disappeared - more oto fry, I guess, (unless tetra) and none ever live, even when the eggs don't vanish first.
Darn it, so many fish breed so often, we could all be swimming in them, so to speak, if we were smart enough to leave emptied tanks of such schooling fish up for a week or so and check before tear-down to maybe catch that small percentage...
 
thanks they have to keep eating algea for a while as my fry food is 2 big
 
Nice, I'm getting some WCMM's soon.

Be warned - you can spend hours watching them without even noticing the time pass.
Although, actually, I guess that happens with fish generally...
Hope you have a set-up where some of the eggs and fry can survive - despite greedy-gut parents.
 
they are still alive and seem happy enough Gave them a small sponge filter i had runing on a big tank as a spare and will do a carefull waterchange today
 

Most reactions

Back
Top