Fish Adventure: Tateurndina Ocellicauda

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think that the culture survived! This morning I looked in the tub and there were tiny things on the sides of the container. I'll wait another day or two and hopefully I got it sorted! :)

Yay! Fingers crossed for you ^_^

New video!
 Oops, I failed to upload it! :(
I'll try again later haha

You may want to upload it to youtube and then link it here =o

Fresh from tonight!!

http://youtu.be/b5G3hiQHq5c

Sooo cute my head is going to explode! :wub: :D I love how they just sort of twitch around.
The placement of the little pipes in your main tank looks great, I bet they love those!

Hahaha thanks!
They are indeed very very cute! They just got their new set of fins a few days before that video, before that we could only see one of them!
I can't wait for them to start showing the black spot on their tail!

The pipes are hidden pretty well indeed! I heard that they like secluded areas and this spot was pretty much what I could offer to them! I'm pretty sure he likes it as he's been going in that place a few times already ;) 

Yesterday I found some frozen BBS at my lfs and was pretty happy.
I bought a pack and some of the fish ate it, some others didn't.. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until they don't mind if it's moving or not.

Other good news: Some of them also started to catch on eating decapsulated brine shrimp. I had it soak for an hour prior feeding.. Some of them spit it out immediately, but hey, it's still a progress..
I have noticed that some of my fishes also stopped being interested in microworms. Maybe they are too small now?

I have adult gudgeons who still love their microworms, so I doubt the worms are too small for the babies. However, I haven't had mine for very long so I can't say with any certainty that the fry are just ready to move on to more grown up foods. I'm hoping once I get the tank planted better that I'll get some more courting behavior.

By the way, I love this journal. :)

We are at 25 days exactly. This morning I was able to see the black spot on some of the fry's tails!! ooooooh yeah!! :)
Video coming soon.

Today they almost all show the black spot, I've fed them very small grindal worms and they seemed to devour them!
For the microworms.. Some of them don't care, some of them do. Still alterning between frozen/non frozen/ ground up flakes, hopefully one day all of them will catch on.

I'm also working on getting another 5 gallon tank in, but that is going to have to wait until we move out of this appartment.

Update!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wopc8ySnME

I was hoping you'd post some pics or a vid today! Yay
happy.png

They're growing so fast. I think you're doing an amazing job with them. Love the cherry shrimp sneaking up the sponge filter in the background
laugh.png

Hehehe thank you! :)
I'm really happy about how it's going, getting them to eat frozen food is a big step up! :)

Right now they have ate:

Krill Fines, Micro Worms, Live & Frozen Baby Brine Shrimp, Decapsulated BBS, Some Crushed Flakes, Some Crushed NLS Pellets, Grindal Worms.
The grindal worms still are a bit big tho, so I wouldn't feed that every day or include them in my routine, just testing out if they like it or not, and they like it a lot. But still, they are a bit long so when they eat it, it just hangs out of their mouth until they swallow it completely.

Next on the feeding schedule: Daphnia. Last time I've tried tho, it was about half the size of the fry haha.

Today I've noticed that some of my fry are growing their second top fin! Yayyyy!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back