Large Clarias Needs A New Home

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
For Sale: 18" Marbled Clarias Catfish
Price: Offers - good home FAR more important.
Reason: He's too boisterous for my Eels
Collection Only due to size - far too big to post and as I don't drive I can't deliver sorry.

I have reluctantly decided it is time to rehome my lovely Clarias. I need to move my Eels into the big tank and I know he's too boisterous for them. He has some war wounds in the form of a few shortened and bent whiskers but otherwise he's in good health and has a big appetite. He eats prawns, lancefish, peas, various sinking pellets - pretty much anything that is offered.

He is about 18" long and lively so needs a big tank - 5x2x2 as a minimum and obviously the bigger the better, he definitely cannot be kept with small fish, currently he lives with a huge common plec and 2 large kissing gouramis. He does like redecorating and is capable of shifting most decor.

This fish is a real pet - eats from hand and will follow you along the tank. As I say, a good home is very important and I am willing to wait for the right home. Please do some research before making an offer and don't be offended but I will want a pick of the tank you intend to put him in, dimensions and tank mates. I will not let him go unless I'm 100% happy.

Pic in this topic:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/303783-a-few-of-my-oddballs/page__p__2518824__fromsearch__1&#entry2518824

All initial interest to be made via this topic not PM please.

Hi bud, how is he with smaller fish?? i dont mean like small tetras, smaller cichlids??... in other words, whats the smallest fish he could be with?? i havent owned one for a long time, and even then it was only 10" until i sold up, sn he was fine with 3-4" fish...just i have alot of juvenile oscars, severums, green terror and acrars (smallest 5")...i think this will be a no, but just curious as i have a 6x2x2 tank... and needs filling...i dont mean to sound dumb :p

He lived for over a year with 3 Opaline Gourami the smallest was 3.5", he was a bit smaller then (about 15")

A 6x2x2 sounds ideal my only concern is how many fish are already in there?

Yeh im trying to thin my collection out ALOT...the majority of fish are for sale (see my thread) and some of them have gone already, my profile isent correct lol...

Im only wanting my arowana, 3 orcars, my pim blochii and acara or green terror (undecided which i want to keep atm) and keeping my Balas as dither fish...the only problem is my arowana is only 9"...he might become a noodle :S

I would be concerned about the other catfish more than anything else and you do sound heavily stocked.

Let me know your actual stocking and filtration once you have rehomed the fish that are for sale and see if you have room for another big catfish :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back