Large Aquarium Design. Help Tips Etc Req.

you could build it out of concret/rocks or bricks/blocks with just 1 sheet of glass/acrylic for viewing

Million, your welcome to come visit some year once its all done, make a trip or two into the mountains fish collecting!

Dave, you havent read the whole thread. Our house will be in the middle of the rainforest. Cement isnt impossible but very very impractical and expensive. Heres a review of the situation...

• Building in middle of rainforest 50 min 18seater twin propellor flight from the city of Miri in East Malaysian Borneo.
  • This is an eco-lodge so needs to be as ecologically sound as poss.
  • Needs to be made of lightweight materials where possible, pond liner, some glass, timber (locally sources)
  • will be to show Bornean Species collected from within 50 miles of our area (collecting expeditions)
  • Needs to be low energy as this will be a solar powered house, 12v if possible, thinking pond not to reduce lighting needs.

Thanks thats it! :)

Really depends on the house design now, will update the house design soon then we can see the shape/size of the area etc. :)

Million, your welcome to come visit some year once its all done, make a trip or two into the mountains fish collecting!

Dave, you havent read the whole thread. Our house will be in the middle of the rainforest. Cement isnt impossible but very very impractical and expensive. Heres a review of the situation...

• Building in middle of rainforest 50 min 18seater twin propellor flight from the city of Miri in East Malaysian Borneo.
  • This is an eco-lodge so needs to be as ecologically sound as poss.
  • Needs to be made of lightweight materials where possible, pond liner, some glass, timber (locally sources)
  • will be to show Bornean Species collected from within 50 miles of our area (collecting expeditions)
  • Needs to be low energy as this will be a solar powered house, 12v if possible, thinking pond not to reduce lighting needs.

Thanks thats it! :)

Really depends on the house design now, will update the house design soon then we can see the shape/size of the area etc. :)

but aint u doing a concrete base?

Nope, plans changing all the time. A concrete base would still be an option just for the aquarium, BUT if i go for a pond style the bedrock is just 12" down so i would go down to that for the support and have a 2-3ft deep pond with an island or tree coming out of the middle? I know this is a long way off the original design but i assure you it will be impressive no matter what the end design!

Wont it just!

Yo Andy and all, still not come up with an aesthetically pleasing house design that me AND my wife like! :crazy: Spoilt for choice when you design you own home with few constraints. But so spoilt it gets mad, must have done 60 designs so far, each taking a few hours uo to a week to design. We are trying to incorporate as much of what we have learned through ecobuilding research, many emails with experts, builder advice, architect advice, budget, and most of all comfort, practicality and beauty!

Will have something soon... ish!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back