Lampeyes

Honeythorn

Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Stourbridge UK
I decided to get some Normans Lampeyes for my 30 gallon after a little deliberation . I was originally going to have 10, but there were 12 left in the whole tank, all looking healthy so I bought all 12 ( but only had to pay for 10 so 2 were free :P)

A couple of poor pictures ( they move so quickly! )

Claires122.jpg


Claires085.jpg


Very sweet little fish, They brighten up the darker corners of the tank :good:
 
My freind started of with 8 and then four of his died he then gave me 4 to look after for a week.

I had them for a day and then two died of dropsy so he let me keep two of them.

Are your lampeye killifish?
 
Yes they're lampeye Killifish.

Hopefully they should do well. I do 50% water changes every week and that tank runs on an Eheim 2215 and a Fluval 1 ( just in there cycling for any emergencies really ) . The tank has been running over 5 years so it's well matured by now :good:
 
i love 'em i've got 10 in my tank and if i have one tube on the eyes are really bright against the tank.
cant get a good pc of the all!!
P020209_150003.jpg
 
Ive got 5-they looked better in the shop than they do in my tank but i still like them......
 
Flimsy? They're sensetive? I didn't know that, never read it anywhere -_- I hope my current regime is enough to keep them healthy! :unsure:

They've settled now and are all exploring the tank instead of lurking in the corners. I've fed them a little fine crushed flake and pellet mix which seemed to go down well .
 
Fingers crossed for you :good: I think the trick will be to keep the water clean and to settle them in well. Mine never settled, lost like two a night from introduction each time I tryed them :sad: They are supposed to need pH, KH and GH adjustment also, something I never did, but hey, people say that about Discus and mine don't complain about the water and I don't do it for them either :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top