Lambchop rasbora not eating and hiding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tacocat

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
In my 5 gallon I have a trio of lam chops and one small rasbora, and recently one of them has been hiding out behind the driftwood away from the rest of the gang, and rarely eats. It sometimes comes out but other than that it has been chilling behind the driftwood. My brother notes that the cardinal tetra did the same for a while and rarely ate, but it's still alive and is active and out now more. However, I wanted to be sure and ask some experts. Here's a picture from just now when we caught it and trapped it in a fry box- it's back in the tank now.
IMG-3086.jpg

Earlier it looked paler than it should.

Why is it in a plastic container with uneaten food?

It looks like a Harlequin rasbora.

Make sure the water is good and there is 0ppm ammonia and nitrite, and less than 20ppm nitrate.
Make sure there is a picture on the back of the tank.
Make sure there are plants in the tank and on the surface.

Why is it in a plastic container with uneaten food?

It looks like a Harlequin rasbora.

Make sure the water is good and there is 0ppm ammonia and nitrite, and less than 20ppm nitrate.
Make sure there is a picture on the back of the tank.
Make sure there are plants in the tank and on the surface.
I had just put the food in, and it was not eating. That food was already in the tank, so the other fish would have picked it off. There is no picture, but there are plenty of plants, such as duckweed, java moss, bacopa, anacharis, and ludwigia. I did a water change shortly after that.

You need to crumble the food up so it's smaller. The fish might pick at big bits of food but they have trouble eating it when it's that size. Smaller food is easier for them to swallow and less should end up on the bottom.

You need to crumble the food up so it's smaller. The fish might pick at big bits of food but they have trouble eating it when it's that size. Smaller food is easier for them to swallow and less should end up on the bottom.
hehe hehehehehe. These rasboras have eaten massive bloodworms that even the betta didn't eat, and it ate more. No stringy white poop too. None of the other fish are affected, and shrimp seem normal. This fish is the only one affected.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back