kribs moved eggs

powwowcoolio

Reaction score
my kribs laid egg 4 days ago and they where going missing she laid about 40 eggs and on day 3 there where only about 15 and this mornig the where none but i have noticed that she is now protecting a new cave is it possable that she could have moved the as the cave she laid them in did not have a big enough enterance for my other fish and her and the male have be garding the eggs and the cave.

thanks for the help

danny

Sounds likely to me - the page where I get most of my krib info says that the female will sometimes move the fry around in her mouth if she doesn't like where they are, so i would think she can easily do the same with the eggs.

thank for the reply getting abit worrid as i am looking forword to some baby kribs in the tank

thanks danny

My kribs had babies about 10 days after i bought them i didnt even see the eggs we only had about 20 which were eaten by someone (don't know the identity of the culprit) although i think it was mummy and daddy.

I managed to save four whom are now flourishing with the guppy fry in the nusery tank and they are growing bigger by the day they love micro worm :wub: :wub: you'll need to get some in it's seems to have helped my little fella's no end judging by the rate they are growing

I had mine for almost two months before they produced any babies. I didn't see the eggs either - they must have been in their spawning cave. Got about 30 or 40 little wigglers and mummy and daddy krib are looking after them well at the moment. All of the information I've seen has suggested that you should leave the fry with the parents until they are about 1/2 inch long otherwise the male will be ready to mate again when the female isn;t and it can lead to aggression and even death. But then again, whatever works, works.

Eddie

Yeah, thats what happened to me too,but I appear to have been less successful with the fry than you have. I started off with 44 and have about 8 left. I think the kribs have laid more eggs again so I may end upin the same situation again.
Whats microworm and where do I get it from? Is it frozen?

Most reactions

trending

Back