bullheaduk
Fish Fanatic
I had a pair of kribs who were getting along famously, until sadly the male suddenly died for no apparent reason. I had them only for a few weeks.
Mrs krib went crazy when i removed her soul mate, franticly looking all over the tank for him none stop for days poor thing.
I left her alone in my community tank (240 litre) as i was going away for a week. I got back and a few days later and bought her a male of similar size (about an inch and a half) and waited to see what happened next. Now i know that sometimes kribs pair for life, so i took a chance of her liking another male and finding one that was suitable for her.
He stayed in the background quiet for the first day. Now into the third day and they don't seem to be getting on. The male is nipping at her rear all the time chasing her away. She has plenty of places to get away as it's a decent size tank, but her anal fin and caudal fin is getting damaged from the nipping. Not affecting her swimming yet but worried it might. Is it part of the courting process?
Do i leave them alone and wait to see if they pair off or do i take one of them out and isolate? I'm not sure what to do next. I don't want to have to buy a pair if at all possible, as i only wanted 2 kribs total. I have a 25 litre hospital tank if needed.
See my profile for tank mates and water parameters.
Please let me know what you think everyone. Many thanks for any advice
Mrs krib went crazy when i removed her soul mate, franticly looking all over the tank for him none stop for days poor thing.
I left her alone in my community tank (240 litre) as i was going away for a week. I got back and a few days later and bought her a male of similar size (about an inch and a half) and waited to see what happened next. Now i know that sometimes kribs pair for life, so i took a chance of her liking another male and finding one that was suitable for her.
He stayed in the background quiet for the first day. Now into the third day and they don't seem to be getting on. The male is nipping at her rear all the time chasing her away. She has plenty of places to get away as it's a decent size tank, but her anal fin and caudal fin is getting damaged from the nipping. Not affecting her swimming yet but worried it might. Is it part of the courting process?
Do i leave them alone and wait to see if they pair off or do i take one of them out and isolate? I'm not sure what to do next. I don't want to have to buy a pair if at all possible, as i only wanted 2 kribs total. I have a 25 litre hospital tank if needed.
See my profile for tank mates and water parameters.
Please let me know what you think everyone. Many thanks for any advice








