Kribensis help!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Leanne-FishFry

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought 3 x Kribensis for a 240L (2F x 1M) quite some time ago. Obviously weren't sexed correctly at my LFS; I have 3 males. Which had been fine for the best part of a year until I re-scaped the tank a few days ago. The middle sized one is full coloured and attacking the larger more placid male and occasionally the smaller male.

Do I need to re-home some or will introducing genuine females lessen the bullying?

Any suggestions or advice is most welcome.

I would be inclined to remove 2 males. If you were to replace them with a female, they may or may not get on. Introducing a female with 3 males in the tank would just give them something else to fight over.

Hi, I have removed the larger, more chilled male into the hospital tank for the time being - I am still not 100% sure if the smaller of the Kribensis is male due to not having more pronounced fins at his current size. Thankfully, the bully Krib is less inclined to attack the smaller one so will give this a chance until I can find a more suitable solution. Thank you for replying.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back