Kissing Gourami

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 45 gallon hex tank. He bought a pair of Kissing Gouramis to go in his tank. In the tank were 25 Neon tetras, 5 Red Eye tetras, and 5 Tiger Barbs. One of the kissing gouramis died within the week it was bought the other was fine. He then got a Pirahna from a friend. The Pirahna was small and very sick. He nursed it back to health and put it in his 45 hex. The Pirahna was as healthy as it will ever be. It is completely blind out of one eye and could not hunt. He had to be fed by hand. Well the kissing gourami decided that he would like to go up to the Pirahna and try to eat the slime off of his face. The Pirahna Bit him right in the gill and he was floating in the tank. He was moved to a new tank and nursed back to health. He has now been liveing for about 9 months with only one a half gills. His tank popped a leak so he gave me his amazing kissing gourami. As soon as i get my digitol camera back i will put pics of him up so you guys can all see him...

Hi OscarCichlid :)

That's quite a story! :clap: I can't wait to see the pictures!

Please be sure to post a note about them on this thread so I will know you've put them up. :D

Wow great story Oscarcichlid! I also can't wait to see the pics post em soon!

Wow.. what a story. :eek: Is the piranha still in the 45 with all those little tetras? I'd think even one eye would be more than enough for a p to hunt a red eye tetra with. :hyper:

He was but he got to big for the tank, and the tank sprung a leak. While he was in there he never ate even one of them. He is still with fairly small fish. He is with Giant Danios, Clown Loachs, Blue Gouramis, Gold Gouramis, Platys, Swordtails, Rams, and many more. It is a very happy communty, a much larger tank. it is 120 gallons. It is a beatiful setup i wish i could get a pic of it but it is in Brick town, about 2 hours from me and i have no car. He is with a friend that doesnt have a scanner or digital camera. I will see if he would send me a pic in the mail though!!

Most reactions

Back