Killifish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are both the same fundulopanchax gardneri and A. Gardneri just the ichthyologists can't decide which it is lol. Well that is what I was told.

On the tanks this is how my tanks in ym room will be with main 90g tank downstairs.

On the stand, each tier is 27" x 12" x 15"￾ so i'd like to add a 15"x12"x12" if I could find one which is 10g.-

Tier 1(bottom)- 15g tank(three spot gourami)
Tier 2 (middle)- 3.5g tank( killi fish trio) (where i'd want to add 10g)
Tier 3(top)- 8g tank(fang puffer) 3.5g sideways (killi trio)

3.5g on drawers (dwarf puffer)
2.5g to breed snails somewhere like under bed or something.

So you dont have anymore room for tanks? Also I was thinking about it and if I started with a pair of killis and had my first spawn, could I take one of the females from the spawn and put her in with her parents or is this a definate no no?

Well I wouldn't be allowed any and would have no more room for any more as i'd be on 7 tanks in my room :)

Don't do that you'll cause inbreeding which IMO is a bad thing to do.

Thats too bad that you've got a cutoff limit for tanks but 7 is a pretty good amount. I figured it would be bad to inbreed and I'd probably feel uneasy doing it anyways. Another question, is it considered inbreeding to breed a brother with a sister from the same spawn?

Yes that is inbreeding aswel, it's not the fact i'm not allowed more tank it's the fact I have no room for them. 8 tanks is enough anyway lol.

lol yea, I dont have any room for anymore tanks in my room either but I'll probably end up getting at least one more for the growout tank for the killies.

What size will you get? I'm struggling for ideas with the tanks in my room, will have to stock a 10g and add more to my 15g as i may move the three spot gourami into my 90g still not sure. I'll have two 3.5g's with killifish, one 3.5g with a dwarf puffer, my 8g will be a fang puffer, 2.5g snail breeding tank, 15g undecided and 10g undecided.

I'm thinking I'll get either that 2.5 gallon tank they have in my LFS for the growout tank or another 5.5 gallon tank, whichever you recommend. The 2.5 gallon would probably work better because I have like no room at all.

So I couldnt raise the fry in the 2.5 gallon until the day the males get aggressive and then ship them off to my LFS?

Depends how long you think you will raise them for. I'd still go with the 5.5g though over the 2.5g. I'm dropping out a 3.5g tank from what i'm planning so it's less cramped on the stand.

Ok, I'll probably go with the 5.5 gallon, Gonna have to figure out where to put it though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back