Khuli loachs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FrankSlapperinni

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sorry, but I had to share this with people who would appreciate it (my family aren't big fish people).
I came home today with three Pangio Khuli loach's :wub: they are the most fascinating fish I have ever seen, and I wish I had a bigger tank so I could have more :hyper: . their so wormy and colorful, although I haven't seen much of them yet.
I felt sorry for the person at the LFS who had to catch them though :lol: , they had at least 15 in the tank, and right when the net went in, they went absolutely NUTS! it must have took her 10 minutes to catch three of them.
anyone else here have khuli loach's?

I used to have them. Not anymore though, but I saw a few at a store and was considering buying them but my angels will think they are a nice tasty juicy worm.

I used to have them becareful they are escape artists get into filters etc. they dig under the gravel... and poke there head out when they smell food. very interesting fish and always keeps your tank that extra excitment.

they discovered the tunnel I built them, so now I can see them all the time. the tunnel is a 2" diameter PVC pipe cut into a quarter, so that it's a 90 degrees arc. I leaned it against the front of the tank so I would be able to see the khulis while they were hiding in the shade.
they're so funny though, they stay perfectly still till something disturbs them, then they go nuts and squirm around the tank at 50 mph.

I have one at the moment. But I am thinking of getting him a friend. :)
I don't see much of him becuse he is hiding in his cave most of the time. He just pokes his head out during feeding time to see what's up. I do catch him out in the open in the morning when I first turn on the lights. He is fun to watch then. First he pretends to be a stick. Then he zips around the tank at 100 Mph. It's pretty funny to watch. :lol:

fish_r_great said:
:cool: I don't have any but i too am goning to get some if i can. Where did you get yours?
I got them at the Claremont pet and aquarium center (though I doubt thats anywhere near you, it's New Hampshire). All you have to do is call up your LFS and ask them to add three kuhli's or whatever to their next shipment (though I'm guessing they don't do that at Petco or Wal Mart)

I have two and Love them! I have not seen any since I bought mine though. I have seen one Albino, but missed getting him by only a few minutes! I will someday find another Albino though. They are cute little fish arent they? :D I need a bigger aquarium to, so I can get more. :thumbs:

Here is a pic of an Albino that I found at http://www.loaches.com/

From what I understand the Albino's are hard to come by.
pangio_myersi_albino2.jpg

ive had some for ages the angels wont get near them they are too quick amazing fish to watch especially in a big group awesome

i love my 3 black coolie loaches they're about 5cm long and they move like rockets nothing can catch them

I have ! kuhli( same thing as coolie?) loach and hes my favorite fish right now.

Im buying him some tnak mates about 6!

I started out with 14 kuhlies,when I made them switch tanks I could only find 12,then they kept showing up chewed on in the new tank (about 6 of them) I think my eel did it, he wasn't too fond of the kuhlies for some reason.

Horror story(s) coming up....

Once ,before the tank switch, I found a prawn eating one of my kuhlies, I quickly removed him :sly:

Then about a month ago I thought I was buying ghost shrimp and :X they were baby prawn. They still seemed pretty small so I let them stay in the tank until last night.....last night I was sitting at my desk and I look over at the tank to see a thrashing kuhli in the grasps of a prawn. I quickly knocked it out of his claws but the kuhli was half eaten and stressed so I put him out of his misery,poor thing. I then disassembled the tank to catch the two prawn and feed them to my midas :p

My angels don't bother them :) and if you have prawn, take it from me, they're evil!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back