Kh Testing

BubbleBaby

New Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
California
I've had the API KH testing kit for a couple months ( just using it to keep an eye on the water conditions). Now that I'm wanting to order fish from an online website, I need to get my water closer to the seller's KH. The seller says that her KH is 8.4 and then I looked at the API KH chart and it was confusing......There is a column called °dKH (which my water is 4) and then there is another column called ppm KH/GH ( which my water is 71.6). Can anyone help explain how I can figure out my KH? :blush:

Thanks!
-Bubblebaby :good:
 
They are just different measurements for the same thing. If the seller says that her kH is 8.4, then that's dkH. dkH is short for 'degrees carbonate hardness'.

So your 4 is what you're comparing to her 8.4.
 
KH and dKH are the same thing, a 1-2 hour drip method acclimatization will make sure theyre fine
Thank you all for replying! Ok so I want to get my water as close to hers before I order the fish. If I ajust the tank water to match hers do I have to a dip method when I get them. Toni (the seller) has a method that I'm going to follow....to aclimate the fish when I get them. The method isn't drip but more like letting a little of my water into the container (that the fish is in) every thirty minutes. Is that ok? :good:

-Bubblebaby :good:
 
KH and dKH are the same thing, a 1-2 hour drip method acclimatization will make sure theyre fine
Thank you all for replying! Ok so I want to get my water as close to hers before I order the fish. If I ajust the tank water to match hers do I have to a dip method when I get them. Toni (the seller) has a method that I'm going to follow....to aclimate the fish when I get them. The method isn't drip but more like letting a little of my water into the container (that the fish is in) every thirty minutes. Is that ok? :good:

-Bubblebaby :good:
yeah its okay, but the drip method is better.

put fish and water in a bucket, then start a siphon with a piece of airline from the tank to the bucket, so you get 3 drops a second. do it till the bucket is full and then pt the fish in the tank. also add some dechlor to the bucket to neutralize ammonia
 

Most reactions

Back
Top