Keeping Puffers In 30l Biorb

squdge

New Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm not new to keeping tropical fish, having a 4ft tropical tank stocked with angels, gourami's, mollys etc, but I'd really like to keep a couple of puffers, they are just so cute!

I've done my research and I know puffers can be quite aggressive and don't live well with other fish so I'm looking at keeping just a couple in a separate tank.

I've been offered a 30L biOrb, but I'm not sure if this is big enough, especially once I put a couple of plants and rocks in there.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks! :good:
 
I'm not new to keeping tropical fish, having a 4ft tropical tank stocked with angels, gourami's, mollys etc, but I'd really like to keep a couple of puffers, they are just so cute!

I've done my research and I know puffers can be quite aggressive and don't live well with other fish so I'm looking at keeping just a couple in a separate tank.

I've been offered a 30L biOrb, but I'm not sure if this is big enough, especially once I put a couple of plants and rocks in there.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks! :good:

You could quite easily turn it into a dwarf puffer setup,
have a search for jennybugs thread, as i'm sure she has this setup

pretty sure there are some pics of her DP setup in here somewhere
 
It's big enough, the only problem you would face is that Dwarf's are very messy and put a heavy load on the filter and the filter system on any Biorb or Biube just isn't up to the standard.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top