Keeping Giant Danios

10 Tanks

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello TFF. Have been keeping Giant Danios for a while. Have roughly 18 in a 55 gallon, fairly heavily planted tank. They're mostly two inches long or so, but whoa do they chase one another. The smaller three or four even chase the larger ones. Possibly, the smaller ones are males. Hard to tell, they're just too fast. The substrate is small, polished gravel, which is ideal for them, but I seldom see them swimming at the bottom. I wouldn't recommend keeping them in a community tank, they're just too fast and aggressive. They love the large air stone and the large sponge filter that create a lot of water movement. They'll race through all the bubbles. I haven't needed to heat their water, 73 or so degrees seems fine. A good looking, active fish if that's the kind you're after. Of course, large, weekly water changes are always a part of keeping a healthy tank, with healthy fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello TFF. Have been keeping Giant Danios for a while. Have roughly 18 in a 55 gallon, fairly heavily planted tank. They're mostly two inches long or so, but whoa do they chase one another. The smaller three or four even chase the larger ones. Possibly, the smaller ones are males. Hard to tell, they're just too fast. The substrate is small, polished gravel, which is ideal for them, but I seldom see them swimming at the bottom. I wouldn't recommend keeping them in a community tank, they're just too fast and aggressive. They love the large air stone and the large sponge filter that create a lot of water movement. They'll race through all the bubbles. I haven't needed to heat their water, 73 or so degrees seems fine. A good looking, active fish if that's the kind you're after. Of course, large, weekly water changes are always a part of keeping a healthy tank, with healthy fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
A very hardy nice looking fish easy to keep and breed not too fussy about tank temperature or water conditions . will eat any food offer to them
they need to be kept in a tank of at least 3 foot+ with plenty of swimming space

I wouldn't recommend keeping them in a community tank, they're just too fast and aggressive.

I agree. They’re a lovely fish when kept properly, big tank, enough numbers, plenty of space for their hyperactivity, and no tankmates to get in the way or be intimidated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back