Keeping An Green Anole And A Whites Tree Frog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattb22

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it ok if I introduced 1/2 whites tree frogs in with my green anole as he looks quite lonely, the setup is a fair size and should maintain them ok, also I researched that they are from very similar environments and a few adjustments here and there should sort it out, would this work? :good:

I'd be a bit concerned about introducing a tree frog of that size into a tank with an Anole. If the frog can fit an Anole into its mouth, it's going to eat it. If it tries and fails, it could maim it really badly. I'd look at much smaller tree frogs if I were you. Poison Dart frogs (captive ones don't have poison) would be a better bet.

One problem...., A dart frog costs like 40 quid whereas tree frogs only cost 10, etc.

So you'd rather risk killing anoles to save a bit of cash?

I'd check around on reptile/amphibian boards and see what people think, but my guess is you should go with a smaller frog, or a larger lizard.

Oh wait completely got the wrong tree frog, the one in the shop was a green tree frog not a whites tree frog, I understand what you mean, the whites tree frog looks like a monster :crazy:

My anole tank already has a UV, sure it won't hurt the green tree frog will it?

If your Anole is lonely, why not get another Anole? Anoles wont like Tree Frogs because the Tree frogs are natural competitors for food, so it certainly isn't going to cure his 'lonelyness'. Also, the Tree Frogs are nocturnal, so why the heck would putting one in the tank help, other than disturbing the Anole's sleep at night when the frog decides to sing?
Paul

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back