Keep bullied Betta in a breed box for a while?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tttay89

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,
A friend of mine has a small 60 litre tank and decided to put 2 female Bettas in a tank along with 7 other community fish. (Mollies gourami and a few others)
One female has chewed the 2nd to pieces but somehow is surviving. This has been going on for a month or so. He said he was going to put her out of her misery so I offered to home her in my 120 litre. My current fish are a school of neon tetras some rummy noses a black widow 2 plecos and I do have 2 gouramis and 1 guppy left however.
I have placed it in mine however after an hour the guppy has attacked, the gourmai has attacked and even a tetra has had a bite.
The Betta is just hovering about at the top of the tank depressed completly and torn to pieces... Is their any hope? I was thinking of housing it in a clear breeding box I(around 15cmx 10cm ) in the same tank maybe to just get used to the tank and tank mates...what do you think ?

Thanks

Put it in a breeding trap, net or box until it heals or you can find another home for it.
Do not put it back in your tank.

All gouramis and Bettas are highly territorial and you should only keep 1 species per tank. Your gouramis do not want a Betta in their tank and will attack it if you put it back in there.

Black widow tetras are fin nippers and need to be kept in large groups of at least 6 (preferably 10+) or more of their own kind.

Neon and rummynose tetras are not fin nippers but do need to be kept in large groups too.

Guppies come from hard water and with a pH above 7.0.
All your other fishes come from soft water with a pH below 7.0.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back