Juwel Vision 260 African Clawed Frog Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aquascaper

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Thought i'd post a few pictures now the tank is up and running and just waiting for the final aquascaping & inhabitants :)

End shot:
20121003_184924.jpg

Left:
20121003_184944.jpg

Middle:
20121003_184954.jpg

Right:
20121003_185003.jpg

FTS:
20121003_185026.jpg

Obviously the small rock on top of the bogwood will be moved once the wood is fully saturated (probably somewhere near the other one) and we have loads of silk plants arriving (hopefully tomorrow) to finish off. Had to use fake plants as the clawed frogs would shred real ones, plus the lighting needs to be subdued, and plastic is no good due to the delicate webbing on the frogs hands & feet. Plants will be arranged in the tank first then removed and siliconed onto slates before being buried in the sand.

how many frogs have you got and will it just be frogs? in there if so they so spoiled lol nice tank

Ok, still waiting the silk plants :(

When done it will be the home for three frogs and any Platy that survive from the breeding bonanza in the kids tank. Yes the frogs will eat the Platys eventually but that's the idea. It will also be interesting to find out if the rumours are true that the frogs recognise livebearers as a constant food source and leave a few alone to breed.

As soon as the silk plants arrive and are secured in place it will be finished. Then it's just a matter of getting the frogs online as all the LFS round here don't stock them.

Still waiting on the plants (and the wood to stop bobbing up) but at least I'm keeping myself amused tinkering with the spraybar setup.

Good filtration with low water movement (but enough surface agitation to prevent surface film).....what a fun combination to achieve :/

STILL waiting on the plants....apparently they're somewhere in transit :/

Anyway, been messing about and finally decided on which rocks to put in so have wedged the still slightly buoyant bogwood down and now await the plants to finish it off....
20121012_161504.jpg

Well the rescued goldfish has been put in temporarily to keep the filter cycled as I was getting bored adding ammonia.

Heard back from the plant supplier who have sent out another package and included extras as an apology :)

STILL waiting for plants and getting bored and frustrated so here's a few photos anyway:

FTS
20121015_182603-1.jpg

End shot
20121015_185441.jpg

To give an idea of the tank size the lone goldfish is about 4" from head to tip of its tail :)

Well no plants arrived :(

Doubt if the eBay seller even had any in the first place as they've now stopped selling them :/

So anyone who knows a good, cheap stockists of large silk aquarium plants feel free to post :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back