Juwel Rio 180

:D :D :D Hi ThinIce, SORRY for being late, only just seen this one. Firstly many thanks for using my tank thread at the start of yours, really Flattered. Glad you liked it. I'm made up with the Rio 180. But, too be honest I am about to add an External filter to it, Eheim 2026. The reason for this is I want to run a UV Sterilser on the outlet side of the Eheim. My intention is to use the outlet of the Rio internal to supply the inlet of the Eheim external. If that makes sense. I shall transfer my current sponges to the Ehein and fill them out with Eheim media until they mature and eventually remove the sponges altogether. I shall fill the Rio internal with Floss and maybe peat or PhosEX.
Apart from this I think the Rio 180 is an excellent bargain. I have also fitted the extra Lamp unit and Co2 JBL profi kit, which works fine.
It's quite well stocked;
16 Cardinals
8 Glowlights
6 Emperor tetras
6 Harlequins
2 Small Discus
2 Baby Angels
2 Leopard Corys
2 Cory Metai (not sure about the spelling)
4 Ottos Niger
4 Siamese Algae Eaters (Genuine version)
Plants as you can see are in abundance.
All are living very happy.
Hope, if you get one, you have as much enjoyment out of it ,as I am currently enjoying.
Regards John. :D :D
Ps. Did have some Algae shrimps, but I haven't seen them for a week, think they have supplimented my Discus's mealtime. :D :D

You don't need to worry about anything with bristlenose plecs :) They grow to about 4 inches, will eat algae so give them algae waffers and supplement their diet with fresh blanched greens like zuchinni and cucumber and they also like live blood worms and frozen foods and shrimp pellets. They are one of the plecs that don't require bogwood/driftwood to thrive either so you need not worry about this. There is also nothing I can think of that should not be kept with them - except other bristlenoses and that's only due to territorial behaviour and doesn't realy involve violence so to speak.
Because you said you like clown loaches, consider khulie loaches and corydoras catfish. Cory cats are wonderful characters and everyone who has kept them loves them :) As for khulie loaches - just look at this: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=51494
Now tell me you don't want some!
If you go for sand, these fish will especialy appreciate it - the cories will play in it and the khulies may even bury themselves in it. :)

I have a vision 180 am have had no problems with the lighting or heating so far. Already had an external canister so ripped out the supplied internal. Very happy with the tank but one thing i will say is shop around for a good price. Juwel do not set RRP's for there tanks so the price varies a lot. I had quotes from 275 - 500 quid!! for exactly the same setup.

Most reactions

Back