Juwel Powerhead

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

liam74

Reaction score
hi all, my powerhead on my juwel compact filter is starting to play up a bit, so i am in need of a new one, what i want to know is, can i only use a juwel item or can i use any powerhead ?

thanks in advance

regards

liam

Hiya,

How old is your tank? Juwel changed the setup a little while ago. Does your powerhead have the rubber 'boot' on the bottom? Is the powerhead itself grey or black?

sub.

hi sub, the tank is quite a old one, its the model before the rio, was it called a "PANARAMIC" ? its a black powerhead, and it used to have some form of cone on the bottom. have i seen other makes on the net which look quite similar, and wondering if they would fit the juwel compact filter ?

regards

liam

Liam,

I have been told that the aquaclear powerhead can fit. I think that the 402 was mentioned. Is the bottom of the powerhead flat when you take it out of the rubber boot? If you fish about (sorry!) you can still buy the adaptor ring that fits onto the aquaclear range of powerheads. Let me have a root around and I'll see what I can find out in a bit better detail OK?

sub.

Hiya,

Looking, Looking....

sub.

PS, Can you post a pikkie of your powerhead? It will help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back