Juwel Doing Something About Lighting In Their Aquariums

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are fragile, don't have any reflectors to fit on them correctly so efficiency wise they aren't up there with standard linear tubes. The heat they give off is massive. My tank constantly broke 31 degrees in the summer months (even recently when its been freezing). On top of this the heat perishes the rubber seal thats used on the starters. I have a 3ft tank so the lights didn't cover the entire length.

On the whole I think a very poorly designed product.

I think you'll find that Interpet discovered they had problems with the original setups and changed the design of the end caps and of the fitting to let air in and out.

efficiency wise you can get reflectors for them but they are hard to find.

31degrees!!!! What temp is your thermometer at. I am in UK. My heater is set at 25degrees and even with 73W (One of which is an interpet 55W PC) The temperature is never getting above 25.5 - 26. In fact I can often hear the heater clicking on to warm the water a little. This tank is also going through a V2ecton UV so that warms the water too. (closed original plastic Fuval Canopy)

The temperature in the house at the moment is 22 so the either the heater is doing its job, the UV is doing it for the heater or the lights are doing it for the heater. Either way 31???

So in summary I have had the new 55W unit (55W was the one that had all the problems, not 36W) in there since beginning of March. I tested it 2 weeks ago after reading the threads on here about problems and the endcap was still soft and rubber. The tube came out nicely and there was no craking or fragility to be seen, so I guess that Interpet have sorted out the problem.
My tank doesn't go above the temp I set the heater at.
I use T8 reflectors
My cheapo Fluval Duo Deep Plastic canopy is not warping

So I think they're great.

Difference odf opinion as always on here. lol

Andy

Most definatly the lights. with them off it dropts to 25 which is what the heater is set at. Maybe interpet have sorted their product out but loads fo people have had the same problems and last i heard interpet did acknowledge their faults.

Hmm my current Juwel light strip is starting to not light up unless i turn it on/off a few times then it lights (starter I think)....I wonder if i take it back to the shop if they will swap for a T5 bar :D

They did acknowledge them but also altered the way the bulbs are made and plastic is fitted to amend their problem. They also offered to replace the old ones at the time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back