Just Wondering?

ECCO_

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Davy Jones' Locker
If a fish(oscar) is wacking it's pelvic fins & spiny dorsal fin in and out from time to time is it a sign of ich?
 
Not really ... does he/she rub against the substrate or ornaments?
No, not that I know of. I know for sure one of them had ich and I removed it and put it in another tank with some ich tablets.
I just noticed that it was doing that and Im worry that it will not only get it agin, but pass it on to the other fish. I hope its cured!
 
If you have had ich in the tank and have not treated for it yet, all the other fish in that tank either have ich at a low level or are in the process of developing it. When you find ich in a tank, you need to treat the tank. Removing fish will not help since ich is a parasite that will end up on all of your fish. Have a look in my signature for a path to a good writeup on what ich is and how to treat it. I am sure there are other ways to treat but at least you will understand what you are dealing with.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top