Just Passed Oata

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
Well for a year or two now ive been doing a oata advanced diploma in fish health and bioligy and water chemistry and filteration and a few weeks ago i sent of the written test they sent it back with some questions to do so did them sent them back and i passed that then this morning had my over the phone verbal exam and passed that wich im happy about

so will get my diploma papers next week (and possibly a badge :lol:)

But main reason for the thread has any one else done the diploma?

Bae

well done.

is filteration different to filtration ?

Yes mines badly spelt lol

And chears

is there a difference between chears and cheers ? ;)

sounds like you want a job thats also your hobby. sounds like a great plan.

Spelling again lol

Partly me partly ipad on screen keyboard lol

But yep i plan to combine them

:good: Nicely done!

I had this mentioned to me a year or so ago and I wanted to do it then, have found i have increasingly less time recently.

What did the course involve topic/time wise?

Congratulations! Have you studied this with a view to working in the industry or simply just to further your knowledge on the subject!

Cheers

@ mbou it took a couple of years but I wanted to get it right the first time which as in the first post they sent it back once which apparently is pretty good

It involved water chemistry in detail so ammonia and its toxicity when ph changes by one and the temperature rises etc , fish biology in detail between different fish eg carnivores herbivores etc as well as respiratory/ digestive system etc

And filtration differences so biological and mechanical and how to best set them up and how they work and issues that could occur

And diseases so notifiable diseases how diseases attack a fish and how the fish combat this

That's a very vague explanation but theres a lot to explain lol

@ zoddyzod it's for a career really

The cool thing is my dad emailed them to say thanks kinda thing and got a reply from the managing director of oata and it turned out due to holidays he took my verbal exam

Plus I'm the youngest person ever to do the diploma ( up to now)

Thanks bae

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back