Just lost one of my new gouramies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kaz petts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have just lost one of my new gouramis, I think it died due to stress as all the rest of them are eating and swimming around but last night this one was just hanging around not swimming anywhere.
All water parameters are A ok. Ph is 7.2 and NitrIte and Ammonia are 0, have to admit I have not tested my NitrAte recently.
None of the other fish were bullying it so I don't think it has got stressed from this, the only thing I can think is that I stressed it out chasing it around the smaller tank I used to have to move it over to the larger tank.
I am gutted but it is one of those things and appeared unavoidable in this instance.
Thanks for reading, I feel a bit better now for sharing my loss.
Kaz :-(

Kaz, my Gourami died the same way. At least he didn't have to go through a long drawn illness. Anyway, sorry for your fishy loss :flowers:

It is heartbreaking when you loose something you have spent time trying to nurture.
Sorry for your loss J_acon and yours too rykitten.
Thanks to everyone who has posted on here I am feeling a little better now. I had him for a week, he looked ok but was probably suffering un-noticably, and I would hate for a fish or any other animal to suffer un-neccessarly.
Kaz

Sorry to hear about that. I know what you mean though - sometimes there is just a huge chace to catch a fish in a tank. I try to stop myself if it gets too out of hand and try later when we've both chilled out. :D Sometimes it's unavoidable...

ALASKA

Most reactions

trending

Back