Just Finished Redoing 75 Gal Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lisa67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just so happy to finally have new fish in my tank!  After a few years I was bored with my mbunas and decided to go with something different.  After the mbuna were rehomed, I got rid of the sand, the dark lava rocks, etc.  I now have 6 angelfish (black, white and marbled), 8 serpae tetra (which add a nice color contrast) and two bolivian rams.  Everyone seems to be thriving and the tank is so much brighter looking than it was before.

Two questions..I want to add one more black angelfish.  Is it ok to have an odd number?  I've been told that they pair off.  I could add 2 if necessary, but trying to keep numbers down.  Also, I really would love to add two German blue rams.  I know that they require a warmer temp, I believe all of my fish would do ok at 80F.  Does anyone have Bolivian and German Rams in the same tank?

In my opinion you can have odd numbers of angels because you might end up only getting one pair from them.. A lot of people when they get a pair rehome the rest of there angels....

I had serpae tetra in my aquarium with my angels an they nipped the fins of my veiltail angels but that might not happen...

Yeah german blue rams do need warmer water another fish to even have a look at instead of rams is apistogramma cacatoides are apistogramma aggassizzi . More colourful than bolivian rams.... They are dwarf cichlids but go well in community aquarium...

I ended up getting two bolivian rams because that was what was available, but still wishing for those German blue rams...seem a bit high maintenance though.

Yeah they are some people have no bother keeping them at all mine always seem to die...
Bolivians are nice as well in there own way... I had them but exchanged them for the apistogramma cacatoides...
I'm trying to get my hands on some peacock gudgeons they look amazing...

Is there a common name for apistogramma cacatoides?  I haven't heard of them...not sure I'd be able to find them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back