Just Been To Wildwoods...

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
Just been to Wildwoods, window shopping for additions to my Tangiyikan cichlid setup and my community tank. Definately a mistake.

Picked out the cichlids I want next (N.Caudopuntatus) and resisted the urge to buy them...so I bought 6 praecox rainbows as dither fish for that tank, and a yellow honey gourami for the community tank - something I've never been keen on but which caught my eye.

And I'm going to pick up my L15 from Weisel later - a fish I've been wanting for about 2 months.


Its been a good day so far :)
 
Always nice to get new fishies :D

Got two gold sevs and 8 congo tetras myself today :)
 
I got myself 5 more Neons today!
 
I love those rainbowfish. I bought six, myself, but sadly they started developing all sorts of problems in quarantine and I was only left with two. They've been refugees in my community tank for a while, and I've never seen them in stock before or since.
 
Aye they're gorgeous little fish. I knew they had a reputation for being overlooked by fishkeepers as they don't look great in the shop but colour up at home.
Even just getting them out of the dark main fish room at Wildwoods you can get an inkling of how good they're going to look.


And just got my L15, first plec I've ever owned. Juvi so unsure of sex but s/he is gorgeous :)
 
Congrats on the new fish, Wildwoods should be banned, I always suffer severe money loss when i go there :)
 
Same. Had that awkward conversation with the missus:

"Hi love, you know how I went to Wildwoods to you know, have a look round? Funny story..."
 
hehehe

Oh Yeah i know that conversation, usually ends with me in deep deep trouble :(

Same. Had that awkward conversation with the missus:

"Hi love, you know how I went to Wildwoods to you know, have a look round? Funny story..."
 
LOL - wish there was an LFS near me like that. Well no actually... I don't. I think I might have found one. I might need to make a rule: leave wallet at home. Run by somebody who KNOWS WHAT FISHLESS CYCLING IS. That is unbelievably rare in Australia. Actually most people in Australia, myself included (can't get ammonia) cycle with rainbows! They are really, REALLY tough, they can take anything, low temperatures, salt, hard water, extremes of pH... the only thing they do NOT like is nitrates, you will lose a lot of rainbows if you try to keep them in high nitrate water as their natural environment contains a lot of plants, flows fast and has very few nitrates; often if I test the creek water I get a zero reading.
I think it's one of those cases of breeding doing bad things to them, a lot of wild caught fish look better than the bred alternatives, that's why I love catching my own rainbows even though I can't always ID them, but they're often sold under the wrong name anyway and a locality makes them worth a fortune.
 
Being in a position to catch your own rainbows is something I'm definately envious of. On the subject of rainbows, I've just PM'd someone about possibly taking some forktails off his hands - I know little about them other than they'll be fine in one of my tanks (not sure which one yet) and they look really different - the males anyhow.

Thats if Rocknurworld can't persuade him to post them, he got in there pretty quick (as usual) :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top