When you add dechlorinator, do you just treat the water you are adding or do you treat the whole tank.
Same herejust the added water
You treat just what you added, before it goes into the tank. If you put it into the tank first, then you need to treat the entire tank.
-FHM
Yup, both methods are just as effective.You treat just what you added, before it goes into the tank. If you put it into the tank first, then you need to treat the entire tank.
-FHM
This is what I do. I treat the whole tank when re-filling.
If you put it into the tank first, then you need to treat the entire tank.
-FHM
Yep, no point wasting dechlor on the whole tank when only the replacement water needs treating.
The water already in there has been treated so just add the amount of dechlor required for the replacement water and you're good to go =)

I just put dechlor in the new water before it goes in, all you really need![]()
-Rezz
I use RO water in my tanks.