Just A Quick Question About W/c

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Ok - So when I do a water change, I will have to put it into buckets to make it warm, so it doesnt go in freezing and kill the bacteria, but what i was wondering was:

Can I do the water change, put the new water into the tank, then add declor OR! do I need to put the dechlor in the water before it enters the tank?

(There are no fish in the tank)
 
Putting the dechlorinator in the tank then the water will work just as well. I've been filling tanks with a hose for years with no problems.
 
I always put the dechlor in 1st, then add the water :good: Double dose on the dechlor as your right at the end of your fishless cycle, its just to be on the safe side.
 
Ok, So if I do a big w/c (Which I need to in the next few days) , When there is like 10% water i add the dechlor THEN add the fresh water?
 
:good: Thanks!

Ey minx, My ammonia has dropped now, since 10am, so its processing really quickly! Although my nitrates are still high :(
 
The nitrItes will always take longer, normall twice as long, test again around 9pm tonight, they should have dropped down by then.

Did you test your ph like I suggested, sometimes it will stall the cycle.
 
Nope I didnt test them I will go test them now and message you the reading :wub:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top