just a query b4 i get told off

silver said:
Not as many comments as I would have expected from you there CatFish!!
Ive taken to ignoring anyposts that have anything to do with hybrids or dyed fish,fed up with wasting my time typing.

who's linux????

ive not made me mind up yet no..........dont wanna dyed 1......if i can get 1 thats not dyed i will........not a dyed 1 tho........i foned the place earlier this evenin n they said they have a no painted fish policy

Tek :fish:

tek, if i were u i would not buy it cause i brought a painted fish and now i have regrate that i did :-(

Kev :D

I really don't like them, not only because they are hybrids and most are dyed, but they are ALL deformed and will most likely die from it. First of all, they get the "heart" shape from having a deformed swimbladder. This is also part of the reason they don't swim very fast. That is also caused by them having deformed fins and a lack of a tail (I mean tail, not just tail fin). If they don't die from a swimbladder related problem (most don't die from this) then they WILL eventually die from starvation. They have a very large problem with their lips. They are almost "S" shaped. As they grow, this problem worsens to a point that they are no longer able to eat.

So, if you don't mind buying a fish that was invented not too many years ago, or a fish that is most likely died or was died at some point, you may decide against getting a fish that WILL have a shortened lifespan. Just thought I should share my opinion.

BTW, my friend does have two parrots. One is beginning to suffer from problems with its swimbladder. They also had one that didn't have a tail. They called it Rolaids because it had "no Acetol." :D But alas, it too died.

teknikz said:
who's linux????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its an operating system. B)

When i went to the fish shop after getting a telling off from silver, i did take time to look at a Blood parrot for a while. CF has mentioned all their problems. After a while i realised i didnt hate this fish as much as a pitied it :( :no:

well from the site i stated earlier.......the ones with no tails are a 'type'...called love hearts......the ones ive seen have been able to swim proper n have proper fins n a tail.....some are also quite large so they have been able to feed proper i guess

sounds like im arguin a reason to get 1 but im just sayin what ive seen and read

Cichlid Freak....I am surprised that you know so LITTLE about what you type.

but they are ALL deformed and will most likely die from it. First of all, they get the "heart" shape from having a deformed swimbladder. This is also part of the reason they don't swim very fast.
First off.......WAY WRONG HERE BUDDY!!! Not ALL BPs are deformed so don't mis-inform people :grr: . Only very few are and they are almost 100% of the time those little dyed Jelly Bean Parrots that are most offened sold in LFS. These are the BPs that are inhumanely treated and should not be here.
There is a variety of BPs that spawn on their own, YES THAT MEANS THEY DO IT BY THEMSELVES, and that have ABSOLUTELY NO DEFORMITIES. And you can find them out there if you look.

Secondly...... you are WAY OFF on the heart shaped being because of a deformed swim bladder. That is almost LAUGHABLE my friend. They are bred that way specifically not to have a tail. Exactly like the heart shaped Discus. I am against both of these breeds. This is as if we started cloning humans to have no legs or no tail bone more like. So please don't misinform the readers here about that either. Yes, some of them do have swimbladder deformities, but rarely. And so do other types of fish as well.

Thirdly.....you are again WAY OFF by saying that they don't swim very fast. Yes, I agree that a fish with a swimbladder problem would not swim very fast, but since we have established that not all BPs have that problem then there is absolutely NO reason for you to assume that they can't swim right. They infact swim extremely fast. As fast as my Silver Dollars. They are excellent swimmers and can carry themselves very gracefully, agressively and speedily.

If they don't die from a swimbladder related problem (most don't die from this) then they WILL eventually die from starvation. They have a very large problem with their lips. They are almost "S" shaped. As they grow, this problem worsens to a point that they are no longer able to eat.

Lets see here.......dying from starvation. Well......I suppose if it's mouth grew shut then SURE!!! :angry: But this again is not the case. I belong to several Blood Parrot Forums and almost none of the BP owners that I speak to and chat with have EVER encountered a problem like this. My BP eats better than most of my other fish and the same reports from my fellow BP keepers. As for your friend.....maybe he has one that is in that SMALL % of BPs that do have an eating disorder. I've personally never seen one. Some BPs are VERY badly bred so I can agree that it does happen, but if you are selective and do NOT buy dyed BPs or the Jelly Bean BPs at your LFS that never grow to be any bigger than 4 or 5 inches then I don't forsee the "eating disorder" being a problem. I do think that you should be VERY selective when buying BPs, but it doesn't look like your friend was. Buying a fish without a tail is just horrendous. Buying a BP that is normal, healthy and happy in my opinion is NOT.

Silver
:X

Oh and CatFish...

I wouldn't say that you are wasting your time. Afterall, it is best to give her both sides...the anti and the supporting. Not that I support all aspects ;)

She? (or he) seems very eager to learn and as long as you don't make her/he cry then why not!! :rolleyes: :lol:

:-( :fun: :/

DG....I didn't REALLY tell you off......did I :unsure: -_- :D

Silver
:*

Silver - it was more of a sort of nagging :lol:

Anyway teknikz, theres the pros and cons of buying a BP (pros why not to buy and cons of buying one :alien: (or is it the other way round :fun:)

well.......lol........seems like every1 hates them for some wierd reason....it doesnt seem like theres a lot of info out there on them

most of the stuff ive read seems to be good......and the ones that ive seen looked healthy and swam okay n must have been able to feed coz they were a decent size

the 1 i was wanting has been sold so im gonna have a think bout it over the next few days

oh......and im a he.....not a her and deffo not a he she....lol

well my girlfriends mum was in a well known lfs and asked about their parrots........she asked if they were dyed n the lady who owns the shop went on a massive massive rant about how cruel dying fish was hahaha......my gf's mum had to tell her she wasnt askin for a dyed 1 but was making sure that they were not dyed

she's been gaurenteed that the fish are not dyed and has seen the actual shipping paperwork to prove it......ive asked her if she can get a copy somehow

Tek :fish

oh.....she said the ones that she saw were like a grey colour.......so i think theyre deffo not dyed

They sound okay to me Tek. I'd get one if I was you and I mean that seriously because it is hard to find ones around my parts that aren't dyed and if you do like the Parrot (which is okay mind you) I would go for one of those. I hope to run across some someday that aren't dyed or have never been because I do want another one or two but will not buy another dyed fish. I really do think you will like em, they are very sweet and interesting and a ball to watch in my opinion. Like I said, most people here HATE them which is fine because they have that right. Just remember that you have the right to LOVE them....which I think you will :wub:

Good Luck on your choice,

Silver
:*

If you want the fish, get it. Who gives a crap what other people think. The people on this board won't even ever see it. Its all a matter of personal preference. If its grey, its probably not dyed, and will turn an orangish color eventually.

Most reactions

Back