🐶 POTM JuiceBox52 - July 2023 Pet of the Month Winner

Does the training team come to you or do you go to the trainers?

Last edited:
Do the training team come to you or do you go to the trainers?
For now we go to them, it’s just basic puppy classes currently, once he is more specialized training we will work with a different organization that specializes in assistance dogs, with them coming to me.

Any task training (like the deep pressure previously mentioned) is done by myself under the guidance of my service dog trainer on the east coast until he is old enough for the specialized training program

Well he got some more hands on training today. My heart rate spiked to 190 (at rest, sitting) during his group training class and he was able to take a break and help me. He was unsure of what to do when I actually lost consciousness and thought it was time to wrestle and play, but once again he has only been training for a couple weeks and is a baby so it’s okay
23E5A8A2-193A-44F0-AC53-4B4D74FDD632.jpeg

Well he got some more hands on training today. My heart rate spiked to 190 (at rest, sitting) during his group training class and he was able to take a break and help me. He was unsure of what to do when I actually lost consciousness and thought it was time to wrestle and play, but once again he has only been training for a couple weeks and is a baby so it’s okay View attachment 323890
He's learning! I'm happy to see how well he is progressing! Still has a few issues to work out definitely, but seems like he's doing well!

Thanks everyone!
Thanks @Fishmanic for putting on these contests

Marcello turned 4 months old this week, and today marks exactly 2 weeks since I brought him home!
He has some quirks that need to be trained out, but for now he is a baby and he needs grace.

His training is going well. He is learning to focus on me at home and in public, learning leash manners and basic obedience.

Today while I was out I started to have an episode with my heart and autonomic nervous system and had to sit down in the office. He was very focused on me and was able to learn the basics of starting deep pressure therapy. This was only my second time working on that with him and he did very well for being in public!

Yesterday he went on a trip to summer camp with me, and went on his first golf cart ride, got to meet the barn cats, a bunch of people, and explore and smell the horse barn.

On other days, he has been in the midst of an active house fire response (we got stuck, blocked in by fire trucks on the street and so we got out, staying out of the way of course) and met firefighters and explored the trucks. New experiences and very good ones that are hard to replicate artificially.

He is a very good boy and lays underneath my tables are farmers markets and sits so well at my feet for car rides. He likes to rest his head on the center console, seat, or my lap while driving.

And don’t forget he is a puppy! He loves to play and run around. He wrestles with my moms puppy, who is close in age, and plays with my fiancés family’s dogs. View attachment 323857View attachment 323858View attachment 323859View attachment 323860View attachment 323861View attachment 323862View attachment 323863View attachment 323864View attachment 323865View attachment 323866View attachment 323867View attachment 323868View attachment 323869View attachment 323870
Congratulation! What a great dog he is!

Congrats to Marcella for the contest win and an understanding human to work with him kindly through his hyper puppy stage and to you for the real world win of his assistance for the coming years.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back