Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no!! my heart just sank when i read that im so so sorry, seems to be something in the air at the moment were oscars are concerned :(

let this be a reminder to the rest of us that these big buggers will jump so please secure your tanks appropriatley, this is something that culd happen to any of us :(

RIP oscey :(

Well it's a sad day for me, my beautiful Oscey jumped out of his tank in the night. Hubby found him dead on the floor this morning. I can't bring myself to look at him :/

We had 2 heavy rocks on top of the tank so I don't know how he managed it. Don't know if I want another one yet.

Oh poor Oscey, Im sorry to hear this :( RIP little Oscar.

Thanx guys for all your support. I've had a cry into me cup of coffee, sniff. Hip and Hop the hoplo cats are sitting under their rock looking stunned. One of them swam right up to me and waggled his whiskers at the glass for ages.

I'm going to put a recently rescued Jaguar cichlid in there for now, he's only about 2 inches long so will enjoy the space for sure. He'll keep the tank warm but will soon outgrow it, then I'll part exchange him for another old grumpy gob oscar.

Can't do without the tea-time waggle for long. I'll be back!

aw i feel so sorry for anyone losing an oscar..they really do become part of the family

shelagh that guy mailed me this morning asking was i still interested in the oscars as no one will buy the tank with them. i told him for a really good price, less than €50 id take them, just waiting on a reply

my babes mingling under their floaty plants, finally a plant they havent destroyed!!

100_3620.jpg

yeah please excuse the algae at the back, i just cant get there to clean it!

oh fab!! he`d be a fool not to take you up on your offer..good luck :)

love em :lol: my Bo hasnt touched a single one of his plants im so proud of him.. we`re hardly talking at the moment cos he took a dislike to nobbles my new sev ....so hes in the dog house :D

ooooh a new oscar how exciting, cant wait for the pics :)

I NEVER impulse buy

Oscarpair.jpg

How lucky was I. The afternoon after poor Oscey died, I went to the lfs and there in the corner were these two beauties. The guy at the lfs said they'd only come in that morning, their owner was fed up with them! Can you imagine that? His loss my gain.

So now I need a 125g tank oh heck what have I done. But they're worth it, just need names now.
One I'm definately calling Spike cos that's what he did to my finger whilst transfering him into his new home. So can anyone suggest a name for the other one?

twilight?

ooh im gonna be really nosey and ask..what did you get them for? :drool:

£35 a bargain plus £15 for a ginormous sailfin plec that also grew up with them and I couldn't leave him behind could I?

I must say, the guy that did't want these two did a superb job of looking after them.

Oscarpair006.jpg

They were a bit pale on Tuesday but yesterday and today they've coloured up well. They did't sulk, they're eating and Twilight (I like that name Spish) is sooo friendly, they both come right up to me.

Oscarpair003.jpg

what a stunning pair .. you lucky so and so !!

now to the fun bit huh.. the tank upgrade :lol: dont worry i did the same thing beginning of the week, bought a severum, that i hoped Bo would take too.. but he didnt so now i need another tank :/ my fault, these impulse buys always lead to trouble :lol:

Yeah I'm looking at that huge tank on ebay feeling wistful but it's too far away and probably too expensive. I've just done a water change and bunged a load more media in the filter from other tanks. Water stats are stable at the mo but having trebled their workload I'm hoping the two filters will cope for a while. Gulp!

If in doubt, pick up cheap powerful internals (fluval 3+'s can be had for £10-15, and 4+'s from £15-20) and lob one of them in. On my 180L CA tank I've got an eheim pro external, Fluval 4+ and a spare 2+ since I realised that I'd been running the 4+ for about 6 months with no media in...doh!

or
sort out a hose pipe that you can drain and refil the tank ( maybe 20%) a day till you can sort something out ( if u need it) .. but stop panicking :) im sure theyll be fine, keep an eye on the test results :) agree with tenofive too on the xtra filter..if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back