Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool thanks for the pciture! one of my friends has got one from the same shop about 4-5 months ago, again wild caught, and it looks pretty good now its a decentish size:)

So turned on the lights a while ago, to see Albert pretty listless and what looks like a large chunk taken out of his head and on his back by his tail. He's currently lying on the floor of the tank under some plants, breathing quite heavily, the plec keeps trying to get on to him, I assume to have a bite. No spare tanks anymore so I cant remove him.

I can only assume he and Ernie (GT) had an arguement, Ernie doesnt have a scratch on him from what I can see though, so I guess he came off best, either that or Albert has banged himself on something, but surely that wouldnt be in two seperate places? Will do a water change and see if that helps, aside from Melafix (which drives my ghost knife insane) is there anything else I should add to the water?

I dont think its related, but I had to euthanise a Daemon yesterday as he had dropsy which appeared seemingly overnight, checked stats yesterday, all 0, cept nitrAte 10-20ppm.

Could he have jumped or got stuck anywhere? As if he had been fighting you'd expect something else to have a mark at least.

Poor thing.

He had a couple of times jumped and banged his head on the lid, but its not left anything more than a small scrap before, this is like a chunk 1" long at least and quite deep,, the one by his tail looks like he could have caught it I guess, but there isnt anything sharp he could have done it on. Will do some 50% changes over the next few days and hope he picks up, but right now, he doesnt want to move :(

oh Albert!
he could be in shock mags if he has bumped, have you got a divider you can put in there? just to keep that plec away from him, he will lick all his slime coat off :(

c`mon wee man get better!!

Done a water change and moved some plants around him, dont have a divider Shelagh, I tried to move him, but he didnt want to know, he's barely breathing, Ive added some melafix and pimafix (in case it gets infected) but right now, he's really not looking good, when I tried to make him get up, he just kinda turned on his side and sank back down again, I dont know if he's injured himself inside. If he makes it thru the night I will be suprised, turned the lights off again to give him some peace.

thats quite normal mags.. i know from that time i put freezing water in jambos tank, they are not used to being touched so they will submit so to speak, like they would when a more dominant fish comes close

No good. I moved Albert to a large tub, around 40L last night just to give him some peace (filter/heater running), he didnt move, just lay on the bottom. Kept him covered and in darkness to see if that helped. This morning, he has lost alot of colour and has what I can only describe as white webs on him, particularly round his head and the wound looks infected, with some redness around the edges, which I know is probably septicimia. Have changed 40% of the water, added some myxazin in the hope it helps, Im actually thinking it maybe best to end his suffering, I cant watch him like this :sad:

No good. I moved Albert to a large tub, around 40L last night just to give him some peace (filter/heater running), he didnt move, just lay on the bottom. Kept him covered and in darkness to see if that helped. This morning, he has lost alot of colour and has what I can only describe as white webs on him, particularly round his head and the wound looks infected, with some redness around the edges, which I know is probably septicimia. Have changed 40% of the water, added some myxazin in the hope it helps, Im actually thinking it maybe best to end his suffering, I cant watch him like this :sad:

please dont do anything just yet mags, Bo often has these webby type things hanging off him.. around his face and head area`s no idea what thay are but no ill effects ( look like filter wool .. but none in the tank so cant be)
i know its really really hard for you to watch him like this, but lets just see how he is after a small water change and a few more hours recovery time, if hes not showing any signs of improvement by this evening then im in full agreement that you should do what you need to do :( your doing everything you can .. x x x x

I havent done anything yet, just the w/c and added the myxazin to see if it has any effect, Ive covered the tub again and leaving him in a quiet room to try to reduce any stress, I just dread having to look again.

I can imagine what you're going through minxy. It's been a rotten time for oscar owners lately.
Still keeping everything crossed for Albert.

got a question for all u oscar owners here
i went round a mates today and he as a huge black fish about a foot long and his dad who owns it says its and oscar and something cross breed?
just curious to know what oscars have been known to cross breed with
it had sort of stripes down his body which were lighter than the rest of it
any ideas?

edit- sorry guys this was a bad time i didnt read back a few posts
hope albert gets better soon he is a stunning oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back