Jellybeans

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Then why are lot's of all-white fish labeld albino?

Is that your final answer question which decides everything :rolleyes:
The answer to your question is technically they are wrongly labled...
Maybe its just originated from people making up names and calling certain fish lacking in pigmentation albino simply because they didn't know the true meanign of albino.
Bless you cheesy feet for informing krib.

Hey krib, true albinos do have pink/red eyes, anyone can label something albino, doesnt make it true.

It isnt true, and i would love to know what website says it is.

would you like to edit that?

Drew

Yeah im going to edit it. I have just never heard that all albino's have red eye's. And the fact that stores always lable them as albino's and stuff.

next time instead of being argumentitive with out any info to back you, maybe do some research. dont try to prove your theory right, prove the other persons theory wrong! just a word of advice.

no hard feelings,

mickey

lets drop with albino ####.
lets get back jellybean cichlids.
oh just reminds me my jellybeans are going to lay eggs any day now!!!!!
i will get pic as soon as the lay.
ANDDDDD, as for you!!! i want to see pics!!!! haha. p.m. when you put them up so i know to come looking for them!!! i cant wait, i am very excited for you!!

Jellybean parrots are dyed (although not always) short body pink convicts not a croiss between a pink convict and a blood parrot.

Heres what you get when you cross a pink convict with a blood parrot. This is (was) my own fish that I bred and not some pic I have found on the net.

gallp.jpg

Jellybean parrots are dyed (although not always) short body pink convicts not a croiss between a pink convict and a blood parrot.

Heres what you get when you cross a pink convict with a blood parrot. This is (was) my own fish that I bred and not some pic I have found on the net.

gallp.jpg

Very Nice fish! Then how do they get Jellybean's? Becasue the ones at our lfs were very tiny, and their body shape was like a Parrot!

gallp.jpg

Very Nice fish! Then how do they get Jellybean's? Becasue the ones at our lfs were very tiny, and their body shape was like a Parrot!

They are just short body convicts so breeding them together creates more. Breed a short body one to a normal one and you will get all normal ones as the gene for the short body is recessive. Every now and then you will get a short body fish in a batch of fry and its just a case of isolating them and breeding them together. Its called line breeding and they do it to get other traits like long fins and different colour morphs.

I have seen many short body cichlids including rams, geos, oscars, red devils, texas cichlids and most recently my lfs has short body firemouths and I wish I had picked up a few.

gallp.jpg

They are just short body convicts so breeding them together creates more. Breed a short body one to a normal one and you will get all normal ones as the gene for the short body is recessive. Every now and then you will get a short body fish in a batch of fry and its just a case of isolating them and breeding them together. Its called line breeding and they do it to get other traits like long fins and different colour morphs.

I have seen many short body cichlids including rams, geos, oscars, red devils, texas cichlids and most recently my lfs has short body firemouths and I wish I had picked up a few.
i have also seen short bodied oscars, siver saums, gold saums, polypterus, and many more. so, is a short bodied polypterus bred with a blood parrot....cause surely anything short bodied must be.
thanks for clearing things up ~T~. any new hybrids coming out of your tanks??

gallp.jpg

i have also seen short bodied oscars, siver saums, gold saums, polypterus, and many more. so, is a short bodied polypterus bred with a blood parrot....cause surely anything short bodied must be.

Not at the moment although I did just get 2 young texas cichlids and 2 young BP's to breed with, hoping for some red texas parrots.

I'll need to get an update on my KKxSyns.

Heres one of the normal shaped ones I gave away, its a real beast now.

Tuesday010.jpg

g021.jpg

gallp.jpg

Not at the moment although I did just get 2 young texas cichlids and 2 young BP's to breed with, hoping for some red texas parrots.

Tuesday010.jpg

g021.jpg
damnnn ~T~! that thing is sweet! im telling you man, you should try salvini x festae! haha! red tex. parrots?!?! sounds sweet man. keep me updated! and b.t.w. holy corydoras!! i used to have a school of 12 punctatus. i love those little guys!

gallp.jpg

Tuesday010.jpg

g021.jpg
damnnn ~T~! that thing is sweet! im telling you man, you should try salvini x festae! haha! red tex. parrots?!?! sounds sweet man. keep me updated! and b.t.w. holy corydoras!! i used to have a school of 12 punctatus. i love those little guys!

Cheers man but they are not mine, the big guy is one of the fry I gave to my mate. One of my parrot shaped ones is beginning to fade (yellow like his mother) and I think its male so im planning on trying to breed him back to a red female BP.

good news!!!!
as u all have been saying not jellybean cichlid but shortbody cons right?
mine laided eggs a couple of day ago!!!! :hyper:
just found some wigglers in the tank this morning!!!!!

not yet
i still see some brown egg on the decor inside the that has not hatched yet.
i will try to get pics when i get home which is 7pm usa california time

good news!!!!
as u all have been saying not jellybean cichlid but shortbody cons right?
mine laided eggs a couple of day ago!!!! :hyper:
just found some wigglers in the tank this morning!!!!!

Yup and they still are short body cons (and breeding is what cons do best).

Most reactions

Back