Jaguar Catfish At Lfs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Over in Canada, and our Jaguars are like $8 each before any currency conversions. My independant fish store has/had Raphaels before, our first one died and the second one after it has been fine. I just haven't seen them stock anymore since then. but its only about 2" right now its got a long way to go before it gets its fat belly

Jeez Louise!! That's like a £5 in our money!!

I always thought I was on the wrong side of the pond. My Grandad (God rest him) emigrated to Canada some years ago and always said I should leave the UK, he was very much taken with BC. We get robbed blind over here over everything!!

Anyway, I will not moan and curse our much beloved Government on here.

Sods law will state you'll by the Jaguar Catfsih and the next time you are there you'll see the Striped Raphael's! That's normally how my luck is.

I always thought I was on the wrong side of the pond. My Grandad (God rest him) emigrated to Canada some years ago and always said I should leave the UK, he was very much taken with BC. We get robbed blind over here over everything!!

Sods law will state you'll by the Jaguar Catfsih and the next time you are there you'll see the Striped Raphael's! That's normally how my luck is.
The store is 2 hours away, I only go when I know its worth the trip and gas money as compared to paying a little extra at the in town non chain stores. I've gone to scout the store, buy my tank and stuff, went again for a massive sale they had, and went to pickup all my fish when the tanks were ready. Maybe going again this week to pick up two more canister filters since I love them over the OTB ones I have. I keep telling myself this is the last trip, but I always find a reason to go again

These spices eat a lot of vegetable but I think that cat fish mostly eat insects and fruit eater.

The store is 2 hours away, I only go when I know its worth the trip and gas money as compared to paying a little extra at the in town non chain stores. I've gone to scout the store, buy my tank and stuff, went again for a massive sale they had, and went to pickup all my fish when the tanks were ready. Maybe going again this week to pick up two more canister filters since I love them over the OTB ones I have. I keep telling myself this is the last trip, but I always find a reason to go again

Too true, I don't even bother telling myself that's my last trip as I know i'll only be kidding myself :lol:

Going there is like going to a large aquarium when you're a kid and to a Sweet/Toy Shop! It's the same feeling, just we're a little older and the hobbies are sometimes a little bit more sensible. At least that's what I tell myself. :rolleyes:

Its def like a toy store, every time im there it's around an hour. Last time when I picked up all my fish they didnt have some of my stocking list there anymore so I had to research what they had and make a new list. I,left almost three hours later :-D. I got the ok to use one of my parents cars tomorrow and they have my eheim 2217s or a FX5 ill head over and if they have some jaguars in stock I'll take a picture

Cool, looking forward to it! :good:

I find the same, I always see something else I like and have to work out how i'm going to work it to get the new fish with my existing tanks. It's definitely a juggling act.

Ya it's kinda why part of me is glad some of my original stock has died since I can get something different if I see it, but part of me is still sad they died. I've lost maybe 8? Fish of my original almost 90 and I moved the ghost catfish to their own tank since they didnt like the light. Now I've got some extra breathing room. I saw the lfs has a sale on some neat looking tetra, I might just pick some up

I picked up three, but they definately aren't Jaguar catfish, I'm asking Planetcatfish what they are so I know how to care for them properly

pnczc.jpg

Well, its def a Synodontis hybrid, unfortunately no idea how large its going to get or what its aquarium habits are cause there are so many of them

It's a nice looking Hybrid. Planet Catfish will no doubt give you an exact description of the characteristics. Hopefully it stay more Petricola size at least not a million miles away from it.

I had a couple of Synodontis Eupterus (Featherfin) inheritted from a tank I bought but haven't got the space to set up. Lovely looking, really regret having to get rid of them. My Sister half inched one and the other was sold on.

It's a nice Synodontis, would be interested to hear all about them. :good:

I'm going between a Hybrid 1 and 4 of their 7 or 8 choices from the pictures I've seen, threads I've read and my own thread I made as well. Unfortunately all the hybrid pages are copy/paste information nothing is different and only one of them has a max size on the page while mine doesnt

The part that urks me a little is there were Synodontis in other tanks 2-4 inches in size, and I'm pretty sure I paid more for these babies then the bigger ones were

Aye, I see what you mean. Been through the list and it does seem closest to both 1 and 4. It's hard to tell when they are that small I dare say and probably, the patterning will change later on too. But you must admit, it does look very interesting.

I always end up invariably looking and wanting unusual fish which always mean "expensive". It's the price of good taste I say!! :lol:

Im surprised my Red Tail Black Shark is getting along fine with them so far, she even shares her home with one of them from time to time. They seem to like sitting on the leaves of my silk plants since I dont have their wood or caves setup yet

Most reactions

Back