Meet Cichlid Chateau

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Said it could weigh 800 pounds and he seriously doubts 3 bigger than us ppl standing together in the room would crash through to the basement
knowing if the floor can support an aquarium is very complicated and that's a very fallacious way of proving that your floor can support a tank
your floor can sag over time and cause the tank to fail before the floor goes

all floors are going to be different and the only way to know for sure is if someone knowledgeable got it checked for you

knowing if the floor can support an aquarium is very complicated and that's a very fallacious way of proving that your floor can support a tank
your floor can sag over time and cause the tank to fail before the floor goes

all floors are going to be different and the only way to know for sure is if someone knowledgeable got it checked for you
It's not that hard, certainly not rocket science (HA!). Just a basic understanding of structure and load can tell you.
Just need to have structure below to carry the load down to the next floor. And so on and so on, until you reach the slab or footer. Unfortunately for me, anywhere I would want to place a large tank doesn't have that. So I'll have to put it where I don't want. Or the basement, which would make water changes a pain in the ***.

I’m having a difficult time with water changes in that big tank.
Going to salt water shop tomorrow in search of pumps etc
Is there a way, and I'm just spit-balling here, I have no experience with one, but is there a way to install a T and valves in the pipe coming down from the tank into the 20g sump so that you could hook a hose to it? Leave the hose valve shut and valve to sump tank open for normal operation. For WC, close the valve to the sump tank and open the one to the hose (with hose in bucket or running outside if long enough) to drain the tank the desired amount. Then run a hose into the 20g tank to fill with new water to refill, letting the sump push water back up to the 90g?

Totally don't know what I'm talking about, but in my head it works!

The best method is still with a syphon, I use a 25mm clear hose to syphon out it is pretty quick, and like I say If you do just a 25% water change you can just bring the garden hose in to refill. The cold water will only lower the tank temperature by about 4 degrees which is just fine for the fish.

Is there a way, and I'm just spit-balling here, I have no experience with one, but is there a way to install a T and valves in the pipe coming down from the tank into the 20g sump so that you could hook a hose to it? Leave the hose valve shut and valve to sump tank open for normal operation. For WC, close the valve to the sump tank and open the one to the hose (with hose in bucket or running outside if long enough) to drain the tank the desired amount. Then run a hose into the 20g tank to fill with new water to refill, letting the sump push water back up to the 90g?

Totally don't know what I'm talking about, but in my head it works!
Hey sounds very impressive to me! Will run by the rocket scientist when he returns from taking out the trash. Thank!

The best method is still with a syphon, I use a 25mm clear hose to syphon out it is pretty quick, and like I say If you do just a 25% water change you can just bring the garden hose in to refill. The cold water will only lower the tank temperature by about 4 degrees which is just fine for the fish.
No way. I'm gonna get a tank with a sump just to work this out now. You'll see. I'll make the quickest, easiest system there ever was. Then I'll sell it to all of you and make millions!

No one read my idea. It's now copyrighted and patented and everything!

Yes, it is drilled. Two holes, bottom of big tank. At base of the weir.

Sellers this could be used for salt water, but I’m not ready.
So the sump pushes water up pipe to the bottom of the tank? Probably a backflow valve between the pump and the tank?

If you want to hard wire a fill system it is easy. Use irrigation hose. A U bend out of tank with a gate valve going to you tap.
How to use. Connect pipe to tap, turn on tap, open gate valve, when water flows turn, shut gate valve, turn off tap, disconnect hose from tap, open gate valve. Tank will syphon down to pipe level.
When syphoning finished, plug into tap, turn on tap, fill tank, shut gate valve, turn off tap. Disconnect pipe from tap, Pipe is now primed for next cycle. You just need to open gate valve and tank will syphon to required level.
IMG_20210903_0002.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back