Cheese and Beans and Sweetcorn

Chicken and Sweetcorn with Mayo

And The one i 9/10 make is this.

• Take 1 Red Onion and Finely Chop
  • Fry in Olive oil with a knob of butter
  • While doing this prepare the spud and cook
  • Once the onion is cooked and nice and soft add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
  • let the sugar mix in with the onions and then season with salt and pepper
  • Next add a tin of beans and Stir well untill everything is absorbed.
  • Now add a 1/4 cup of water to make more sauce (stops the beans from burning untill the spuds are ready)
  • Stir untill absorbed and creamy.
  • Now add a nice big splodge of MAGGI HOT AND SWEET CHILLI SAUCE.
  • let this mix well. and take of the heat.
  • By this time the Spuds will be done.
  • Stir Slowly into the beans a few knobs of butter to amke it nice and smooth and ultra fattening and unhealthy.
  • Garnish the Potatoes in whatever manner and pur over the beans.

I prefer a mature cheese or philadelphia.

Grated vintage cheddar with a bit of brie, chives and ham :drool: oh yes with a side salad with salad dressing (Balsamic vinegar and olive oil)

I pretty much don't fiddle with potatoes, it just doesn't seem right. A bit of butter or sometimes sour cream and that's it.

My husband thinks that we abuse baked beans far to much, he can't believe any one would put beans on a potato - or on a pizza.
Frankly, I was slightly horrified by baked bean pizzas the first time we saw them.

You cant beat some Canadian cheese with some smoked bacon on the side not forgetting the salad to justify the calories

You cant beat some Canadian cheese with some smoked bacon on the side not forgetting the salad to justify the calories

Ohhhh Forgot about Bacon.
Nicely cooked Unsmoked thuck bacon with cheese

mmm i like chicken bacon beans cheese and mayo all on together mmmmmmmmm

Beans are a good standby if you want something hot and comforting, the other day I heated up some tinned salmon (I know, shocking, but I wanted the toy bear...) in a frying pan with lots of butter, garlic and mixed herbs and stuck that on top. That was yummy. Or just plain butter and lots of salt does me.

When the potato is cooked, scoop out the insides and mash it up with corned beef and any cheese you like. Fill the skins with the filling and pop under the grill.
Great for BBQ's - not the waistline.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back