I've Got Rasboras...

Really? I've been looking for something kinda tough, so what would I need to do?


"The water should be very soft with a hardness of 1.5 to 2.5 DH and a Ph of around 6.0. A long breeding tank is also beneficial with a dark substrate. The mating consists of the pair lying upside down under a leaf or similar with the male curling his tail around the female. It may take several days in the spawning tank before mating takes place. The parents will eat their own eggs so it is very important to remove them from the tank right away. After the parents are removed you should carefully lower the water to a depth of four or five inches. The eggs will hatch in 24 to 30 hours and in three to five days the fry become free swimming. The young should be fed on baby brine shrimp and other small foods. Growth is fairly rapid."
 

Most reactions

Back
Top