Iv Come Across A Seller

mooey65

Fishaholic
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire
Iv just been for a good old look on ebay and iv come across a seller called eddydis.

They are selling fish very cheap and am thinking of using than but is this all to good to be true?


eddydis page
 
:crazy: i wouldnt!! ive had a few bad probs with this guy in the past. big delays, fish suudenly turn up with no warning, DOA, wrong fish, bloke doesnt know much. just take a look at his feedback and it aint good! there was even someone who bought some fish from him and was then told that fish didnt exist?! yet he had them advertised on ebay
 
His feed back seems OK to me but its better you telling me what you think before I get messed about.
 
look at the specific things said on the negative feedback. i must say when i first came across him i was very tempted by the prices aswell and thought ''well he has some bad feedback but going by the probability i shouldnt have any problems'' boy was i wrong lol
 
I was think of getting these but I may give it a miss

Corydoras paleatus, shoal of 10
 
Hi mooey65 :)

When I saw that you were interested in getting C. paleatus (peppered corys) I looked at the ad and did a little calculation with a currency converter. I'm not too sure these are a good bargain. If I was looking at the same thing from an American seller on AquaBid, I would pass them up.

The first thing I noticed was that the corys were only 1" long. That means that they are still very young fish. If they were unusual corys, being sold by a breeder who raised them himself, I would be interested. C. paleatus are among the most popular corys and it's usually easy to find them at a more mature size at an lfs.

Shipping is always a risk and adds to the cost. Overnight shipping is not included and that is the safest way to transport live fish. There is a chance that you will lose some of them during shipping and this will add further to the cost.

I hope you do get some corys, from some other source, and post about them in the Corydoras section. :D
 
His feed back seems OK to me but its better you telling me what you think before I get messed about.
When I buy on eBay, unless they have at least a 99.5 for over 1000 transactions (less transactions must be higher percentage), I don't deal with them. There are almost always sellers with perfect feedback for most products. Never priced fish there so can't really say. I could see where loss of fish during shipping could lead to negative feedback so maybe their numbers are a little lower.

As for what Inchworm said, I would agree but then I don't really know what the going rate for peppered cories is in the UK. I haven't priced them lately but if I remember correctly, I can get peppereds at Petmart for about $3 each. That would be about the same price this person is asking.
 
Am NOT going to buy from this seller its unfair on the fish 500miles in a bag I would not like that.
 
I don't think the time in the bag is a major issue. Members here order fish online all the time. In a lot of cases, it's the only way to get the species they want.
 
when my fish arrived from him the water was stone cold aswell and the heatpack was useless! that was in the summer too!
 
someone has recently left feedback who bought corydoras paleatus and they all died!
 
When I buy on eBay, unless they have at least a 99.5 for over 1000 transactions (less transactions must be higher percentage), I don't deal with them.
Sorry to interupt but who do you use rdd1952?

Locker
 
When I buy on eBay, unless they have at least a 99.5 for over 1000 transactions (less transactions must be higher percentage), I don't deal with them.
Sorry to interupt but who do you use rdd1952?

Locker
Locker, I've never bought anything aquatic off eBay, so really can't offer much help there. Mostly I've bought sports equipment such as golf clubs, etc. And since those selling aquatic equipment and fish are more apt to have problems, especially shipping fish, I can see how their feedback may be lower.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top