Its My Favourite Because......

Axleuk

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bridgend, South Wales
Hi Folks,

This is a general question in order for me to gather a much information to allow me to make an informed choice as to what i would like to stock. So far i have decided i want a couple of frogs and some shrimps, but i also want some fish to compliment the live plant environment i have created.

So, i beg the questions:

What are your favourite fish you have in your tank and why are they your favourites?

Looking forward to reading your answers.
 
at the moment the tank im looking at would prob be my sterbai cory's , there so active peaceful 2 watch just glideing round the tank.... there just absolutley gorgeous fish :)


jen
 
Toss up between my BGKF - just because hes so much fun to watch. And my betta (Stevie) because he always comes to say hello and loves to have his tail fins stroked :)

I hassen to add these are not in the same tank.
 
my fave fish (sshhhh.....dont tell my others!!!!!) would be my Distichodus affinis. it took me 4 years to find out what species he was!!!!!! he's(?) so cute with this little round mouth and the most peaceful fish i've known considering he's 8inches big but a real scaredy cat as well, he scares himself sometimes lol
 
well my favorite is Jambo, he gots bags of character, even to the point that he will ignore people he dont like ( thats me some days) he swims at the front of the tank when he sees me most of the time (except when hes having a strop) and even settles into one corner of the tank when the tv goes on at night, he poses nicley for fotos, bascicalky there isnt any bad points with him, he handsome,forgivving,and will eat what i feed him- if he was a man i would marry him :lol:

shelagh xxxx
 
I have a large community aquarium. My favs are (sorry i have more than one) platies, Mollies, guppies and corydoras. The first 3 as they are live bearers and i get quite excited when they are ready to give birth and looking after the lil fry and i like the movement of the corydora. x
 
Either

Sushi - my oscar

My Green Terror - needs a name once sexed!

My Salvini - Is a male but no name yet....maybe Herman haha
 
I really dont like any of my fish at the moment....

My Favourite fish will be my Figure 8 puffers, and I dno they are different, require different food, need a bit of salt and a bit rarer then ur common fish.
 
LIVEBEARERS.... I know they're stereotyped as a beginner's fish but I still LUV mine to death.
And bettas. You would be really hard pressed to find that much personality in anything else.
 
My two keyhole cichlids, mainly because of how they constantly change colors to communicate. Very peaceful. I consider them the centerpiece of my community, but most people see the pearl gouramis first.
 
I have two favorites, my orchid/mustard gas halfmoon male betta Thompson and his sister Molly, as they both have hilarious personalities, he's super docile and social and she's extremely aggressive, I can't put her in the sorority as she tries to kill everyone.
 
my fave in my small tank is my choc gourami(i'm treating her for parasite right now,i've got my fingers crossed)and in my large tank it would be a toss up between my clown loaches and my senegal bichirbut that's because he scares some people.lol.
 
My two German Blue Ram's, they so colourful and inquisitive - and they move in a really strange, bewitching way - love them.
 
Either my Indonesdian datnoid, or my platinum senegalus bichir... I like the datnoid because of it's intelligence and how it interacts with me and I like the bichir because of the wow factor and also the just pride of owning such a rare variant of fish. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top